Ny Governor Spitzer Spitting Mad About Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carbon., Apr 19, 2007.

1. Carbon.

Carbon. Well-Known Member

I'm about fed up with these guys, Games don't make people violent.. It's the way the person reacts to the GAME.. FUDGE THIS GUY!!

I should hire a hitman ^_^

2. yoshiteru

yoshiteru Well-Known Member

Well I love video games, but I am not going to disagree and say that Video Games do not affect people, because they do. Just the way any other thing affects a person. Keeping this in mind, I still don't believe they should have a ban on video games, except for certain ones, but I am not sure what would be too extreme, at this point none in my mind really.

3. LA-384

LA-384 Well-Known Member

* The newsbulletin is more violent then most games/movies.
    * If people start to become violent enough to murder someone after playing a game, watching a movie or listening to music, then it's more of a mental problem.
    * Not realizing the above is also a mental problem

Maybe it's a good start to do something about the weapon possession.
    It's a fact that most massacres happen in the USA (okay. most happen probably in some third-world country, but you can't compare those to this), it's also a fact that you can buy guns at wallmart in the USA. And it's also a fact that violent games, movies and music are broadcasted/sold allmost everywhere in the world (so it can't be caused by games/movies/music, because massacres don't happen all over the world).

I think a second solution lies in the way things go in america. It's very easy to loose everything in a short period of time. There is nothing to cover your back. So it's an easy choice to choose a violent path.

The most important reason would still be mental instability, but nothing serious would happen if people can't get their hands on guns, or if people would be able to get some good care, even if they don't have all the money in the world.

4. yoshiteru

yoshiteru Well-Known Member

Agreed with post above me.
    Although not all states in the United States are really loose on gun control, although where the Virginia Tech Massacre happened (in Virginia) they will sell guns at department stores, etc.

I live in Maryland, and you could never buy a gun in a store like Wal-Mart or Target.

5. Lt. Crumpet

Lt. Crumpet Well-Known Member

points 2 & 3, aye aye, couldnt agree with ya more. until you get to the gun control part.....

6. LA-384

LA-384 Well-Known Member

Why are you so easely offended when mentioning the gun control thing? What's so f*cking holy about guns? It's obviously not preventing shootouts/massacres like virginia and columbine etc etc. So why not give it a try?

i'm gonna give a detailed explanation in the other virginia topic, so stay tuned :P

7. dinges

dinges Senior Member

this kind off crap makes me so happy that I live in the Netherlands, were the government is busy with important stuff.
    seriously, don't htese politicians have anything better to do than blaming games for all kinds of problems? the time they spend on that could be used for something like FIXING THE DAMN PROBLEMS!

8. Carnival Reject

Carnival Reject Well-Known Member

with or without games theres gonna be the same amount of violence so ------ this guy hes a joke..

9. VenomousDuck

VenomousDuck Well-Known Member

He's just a new Gov. Thinking he's going to change the world. He'll get a reality check soon, i'm sure.

10. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

I'm going to go into his office in a plumbing suit with a green horse that has a long plastic tongue and a bunch of eggs I glued to its side. I'm going to then shoot him in the face, kthnxbrb.