Nintendo's rise to the top?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pianoman0723, Jun 11, 2007.

1. pianoman0723

pianoman0723 Well-Known Member

There is no arguing the point that Nintendo is dominating the video game industry. Regardless of which system/handheld you prefer, you just cannot deny that the Big N is on top.

With the DS, they reasserted their power in a market in which Sony had a chance, and the with the Wii, they reintroduced the public to gaming. TIME magazine called Wii Sports the best game ever. They have reported record profits and just can't help but sell units. In Japan, they recently claimed more than 75% of ALL video game sales (systems and games). These are just the facts.

The way I (and most experts see it), Nintendo is dominating the global industry right now.

Discuss (i.e. don't argue).

2. Kennedy

Kennedy Senior Member

Im one of those "nintendo is ruining gaming" guys, I really hate the wii and what it brings to the gaming world. They're going for direction that I don't like.

ps. don't quote me if you have nothing better to do than to insult or say im wrong, it's my opinion.

3. `sparks

`sparks Jcoca

kennedy has 1337 creds =oo

And the Wii is so awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Its just the uber-secluded hardcore gaming freaks that hate it =/

4. Kennedy

Kennedy Senior Member

Yeah, I had 1337 credits =D

Hardcore would be enough though :lol:

5. Link_2006

Link_2006 Well-Known Member

I am well aware Nintendo is a great company with great ideas for video gaming. Most people love them, I like them. I would have to say, I think Microsoft has alot of nice things and Sony does aswell. I cannot denie that Nintendo is good, but all three companies are perfectly equal to me.

6. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

Nintendo is the best out of all three imo. No, I'm not a fanboy, I just appreciate games for their gameplay and innovativeness rather than graphics and how it tries to stick as much violence as possible into a disc. I'm not saying that the other two suck, I got a 360 and I'm satisfied with that,just kinda bored of the lack of originality in some of the games.

7. tutman

tutman Well-Known Member

the wii is a great machine! and nintendo went with gameplay over power, which is great for more of the casual players like me(ish)

8. Abgrund

Abgrund Well-Known Member

I would agree that Nintendo is the best video game company over all time, but I think currently that the 360 is the best. In handheld matters though, theres no question that Nintendo is and probably will always be the best.

9. stokey

stokey Well-Known Member

Overall i dont really find the Wii to be a great machine...so far. The only game that i've liked is Dragon ball Z, which i love playing but apart from that there seems to be a lack for it to really push forward. i'm sure this will change in the next year or so but as of now they havent done anything special. ATM i agree with Kris that the 360 is offering the best so far, but this may change in the near future.

10. pianoman0723

pianoman0723 Well-Known Member

lets not make this a console debate.

keep it specific to nintendo's gain in the industry.

11. iFusion

iFusion Well-Known Member

im with you man. I totally go for the PS2, PS3 above all others.

12. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

It's about damn time. I don't have enough fingers to count the failures since Super Nintendo. I wouldn't consider them "top" though. They've won one gen fight, but what is going to keep them there with Sony and Microsoft hard at work on rebalancing the gaming spread?

13. Chaos

Chaos Well-Known Member

True, Nintendo is the best company right now. What set them apart was the Wii. Now that the Wii is out, and its sales are booming, what do you expect Microsoft and Sony to do? Just keep producing the same style machines each generation? No, they're going to start using the same mechanism as the Wii. However, Sony and Microsoft have deeper wallets and better technology, making Nintendo seem useless. I guarentee that in the next generation consoles, Nintendo will be last unless they pull a perfect system out of their ass.

14. Ghostzero

Ghostzero Well-Known Member

The Wii is the only console that I'm even thinking of buying this gen.

the other two bring nothing new to the table.

- The Wii has Awsome Gameplay
    - Awsome Game Series

The PS3 and Xbox360 have

- Good graphics
    - Deep Online play

BUT! If i wanted good graphics and hardcore online play, I would simply play PC games, the PS3 and Xbox are WAAAAAAY behind the PC in both their "revolutionary" aspects, the online of the ps3 and xbox is what PC Gamers have expirienced for about 6 years... kinda outdated IMO.

So...

in conclusion, Wii = Fun , PS3 & Xbox360 = Destroyed by PC Games.

15. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

I was skeptical about the Wii at first, but after playing Twilight Princess on it, my respect for Nintendo sky rocketed. That with playing a few games on DS lite, nothing seems to compare to it. Even my favourite xbox and ps2 games. The only thing that will be any competition for Nintendo is Microsoft's handheld, which I am assuming will be something between a Surface and iPhone.