Nintendo > Sony Everytime?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trax, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

Okay, post-GC/PS2, Nintendo is making progress with the competition. This is the part where their new gameplay comes out. DS with an extra touch screen and Wii with Nunchucks. Sony is starting to feel the heat; they added the sensor thingy on the Analog on the last minute.

2. Massacre

Massacre Senior Member

The fact that people are arguing over this really bugs me. Fist off last time Nintendo did something close to innovative as the Wii at the time was the Virtual Boy need I mention how that turned out?

also when did personal opinions fall down the drains huh huh huh? I mean honestly I must have read through dozens of topics on this forum and others alike with people getting bashed flamed and etc. for simply their preference in gaming. Personally I don't care how the Nintendo "Lunchbox" sold because it still stunk compared to xbox and ps2.

Also when people talk about how great the wii is notice they always forgot the reason why? Don't give me that moton sensor controller stuff name me at least 5 games that are gunna be great for the Wii ON LAUNCH DAY or launch month...

I mean I hate to bash the Wii but really if you live in America (as I do) and are constantly hearing about the obesity problems many Americans have the wii comes right into mind as something crafted for the sole purpose of fitness. Think about it, people LOVE video games so lets make them fully interactive. its a stupid gimmick to cover up for barely next-gen graphics and a terrible attempt to revive a brand thats target age group is way to low.

To end this post I feel we should all stop arguing over prices and etc. and simply WORK for a ps3 or even a queer60 if thats what you want.

3. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

Well, I just remembered that the ps3 is actually 500, if you plan on getting the core package. So, basically, the ps3 is $100 more than the 360's basic version and 200 more than the premium. I'd still wait a year to get it though. But after knowing that mgs4,the new ninja gaiden,and a couple others will be for ps3, the price isn't horrible. I wouldn't get a job and blow my hard earned salary over a console when theres so many better things that can be bought with my money. At the end of the day, it's just a bunch of people who love staring at graphics, so the ps3 will probably be successful, in the U.S that is.

4. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

Ummm, because nintendo are much better than sony. Nintendo are constantly innovating, Sony merely following behind.

Sony may have more sales, but appealing to the masses is not always what you want.

5. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

i dont think you understand that accesories are optional

6. Mickymac

Mickymac Member

Since when did the gamecube make even near as much profit as the PS2 man get your facts right if your going to dis something please. As for the PSP..... well it was a sham compared with the DS which is much better.
    Wii vs PS3 hard to tell which will do better early stats show Wii is outselling PS3 at the moment but the Wii always was going to outsell PS3 in Japan we knew that.... the american market is were we will really get a better idea.
    In my opinion i think the Wii may outsell the PS3 simply because the PS3 price tag is crazy but in saying that PS has always been known for its great selection of games which may help it. Which ever way it goes i don't really care because a high spec P.C. will do the same job as either of them and alot more.

7. System-M3

System-M3 Well-Known Member

rofl gc>ps2?? HAHAHAH wat a noob

8. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

Zelda (being so sexy you dont need the other 5 but...)
    Super Mario or mario Galaxy - forget the name
    Super Smash Bro's Brawl
    Metroid - again dont know exact name
    Red Steel
    Excite Truck
    Does Wii sports count?

Multi-console including Wii:
    Cod3
    NFS: Carbon
    SC: Double Agent

9. CorruptCop

CorruptCop Well-Known Member

i have to say..
    n64>ps1
    Ps2>gamecube

gamecube really didnt have anything to appealing. it was like the no cared for purple headed step child. but im sure there was so sort of fanbase

10. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

11. dharmesha13

dharmesha13 Well-Known Member

With the whole DS is better than PSP crap thats BS
    i have both..DS has fun games that use the touch screen..the psp has mainly ports...BUT
    PSP
    -watch movies
    -near ps2 quality
    -mp3 player
    -pics
    -widescreeen
    -analog
    -web browsing
    -music videps
    Everythind listed their the ds does not have/

is this familar?
    ps3 has WAYYYYY more feautures than the wii
    While the wii only advertise the motion sensing
    Same way DS advertises touch screen

Sony is making its gaming systems something that will appeal to ages 14 and up. People at this age are interested in music,videos,graphics,web,

Nintendo is more attractive to little kids
    After they see the commercial of people standing up and moving around like crazy poeple using the wii mote their gonna want it.
    While mommy will buy it for their b-day or christmas cus its only 250$

Wii is not impressing me..So i know u have motion sensing what else do u have to offer ?/
    Great Graphics:No
    HD:No
    Blu-ray or just plain Dvd:no
    Music:NO
    Lots of hype:yes

Just because ur getting a wii doesnt it make it teh best...
    Just cus ur getting a x360 doesnt make it teh best
    Just cus the Ps3 has more features doesnt make it the best..although it shouldnt be looked down upon

12. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

^ Wii is also less than half the price of PS3. I see two major points that give Wii a boost, price and innovative gaming. Those two caused major hype already and like I said, Sony realised of that and added the sensor thing at the last minute.

13. phantomflame

phantomflame Well-Known Member

I'm not getting anything this year. the Wii ain't in black and the PS3 has a crazy price (plus, it'll probably have so many bugs it explodes...)

14. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

Wii is in black with a white base.

15. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

I do, and it means the Ps3 is cheap for what you get. I bet more then 50% of the gamers would happily buy all those accesories for their 360 if they could get it all for just another $200 instead of an outrageous $350. It's what they call "marketing" at Microsoft. Where Sony is just making their console and games a little more expensive then we are used to, Microsoft is making it seem as if the xbox360 is supercheap for only $400 while it is actually just an oversized dvd-drive with a better graphics card then last time. They actually even downsized the HD. Ps3 will get you a blu-ray player wich alone will cost you more then $600 while Microsoft makes customers get an external HD-DVD drive just a few months after launch. Wich is now completely pointless because developers will never use it to make full HD games.