Nintendo > Sony Everytime?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Trax, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

Seriously! Nintendo keep making game consoles that are lower in technology and lower in price but always make more profit!

It was with Gamecube > Playstation 2, Nintendo DS > Playstation Portable and now apparently Wii > Playstation 3!

How do they that?!

2. .Celestial

.Celestial Well-Known Member

With cheap ----ty graphics. It's more or less for people who can't afford the higher stuff. No offense.

3. Addle Boy

Addle Boy Well-Known Member

i don' think that the gamecube out did the PS2, but the Wii is more innovative than the PS3

4. Stunt189

Stunt189 Well-Known Member

Nintendo Ds is better than the PSP also. PSP games dont come out anymore. They stopped making em for quite a while. But DS games keep c omin and comin. WTF with that? Its a good thing though cuz I got it! :)

5. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

Gamecube actually out did PS2 when the price fell even lower. Wii solidifies gameplay>graphics.

6. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Just FYI, the Playstation 1 made more profit than the N64 did, and the PS2 made more than both the Gamecube and Xbox did COMBINED... in profits and in actual sales.

Worldwide sales (after 1 year of all of them being released) have shown that. More people went for the Xbox and Playstation BEFORE the Nintendo counter part, which is why the Gamecube came back a little, but still fell short of reaching the PS2 market margin and profit.

Much like now that the Xbox 360 has been released for quite some time, the people who wanted it already have it and the market is basically being left to Nintendo and Sony for the taking, and while the Wii will shoot in profits compared to the PS3, I am highly confident that in the long run the PS3 will catch up bare minimum in overall sales, if not completely in profit (you have to sell what... 2.5x as many Wii as you have to sell the PS3, so yeah...).

All consoles have their good points and their bad points. For me, its game selection is the main characteristic. I have all the previous Nintendo consoles as well as all the previous consoles games I want, and none of the Wii exclusive titles mentioned so far truly appeal to me, so the Wii will be the 2nd console I will buy (3rd being the Xbox 360). I am a HUGE FF fan, and it remains -------exclusive for the Playstation and Nintendo consoles (minus FF 11, which is 360, PS2, and Computer, and Chronicles which is only GC). I am also a HUGE fan of strategy/action/survival horror games, all of which have alot of exclusive titles and some non-exclusive titles, but all on the PS lineup, so yeah... PS wins it for me, game selection always has been the biggest factor in a console I buy, regardless of the console's actual price. Sony has been around a while, and will be around a while, and is very popular and has a large owner database, making it a high target for game companies to release exclusive titles not only to help the company, but to also help the console that they are supplying it for. The PS lineup just has more of the games I like to play so... yeah...

7. stokey

stokey Well-Known Member

i wouldnt have though that the gamecube would out do the ps2....i mean the gamecube was good..but i think somehow the ps2 made more profit.

8. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

nintendo always does better in Japan. the ps3 could still do better in America

9. mayhem1337

mayhem1337 Well-Known Member

imo. the DS didnt out do the PSP (i own a DS and not a PSP) but the DS is still and always wil be a great handheld console.

PS2 outdid the GC, but both are great to play.

Wii will totally own the PS3 though :P (i hoope so anyway) it was always going to be more innovative, yes the ps3 has top notch hardware, but on of the main aims of the Wii was too see how much power could be packed into a small area... i mean compare the sizes of the consoles... yeh its not going to perform as well as a PS3, but graphics on the final release of the Wii will be comparable to a 360

10. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

lol, there will still be people who would actually spend 600+ for a video game Sony knows this, so..Theres no point in trying to explain why the Wii will be better than ps3 in the end.

11. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

I'd love to know what planet you live on and since when they do they have internet there ?

I do fail to see how nintendo>sony with only 1/10 of actual sales :D

How can you say that when Nintendo just keeps making GBA games and occasionally comes with a collection of minigames or a point and click game for DS. The last ones I remember where "42 game classics" including such fine games as Solitair and Checkers, "Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training, Big Brain Acadamy and BrainAge" wich are all the same with different icons, "Electroplankton" wich I actually bought for an insane price of about $50 and got tired of it after about 3 hours because the gameplay is so limited. And last but not least a DS browser that you actually have to pay for :/

12. Iced

Iced Well-Known Member

Sony made more profit the GC was totally a failure.

It was cheap piece of metal, the PS2 is still selling and the game cube isn't :P

13. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

They aren't ----ty really, and I can afford a 360, most people gettin wii can, as for ps3 your just ----in retarded or rich enough to spend 600 bucks to get the system, without even a game and crap...

14. soccheese

soccheese Well-Known Member

um, no. Gamcube had a much better first few months than ps2. Ps2 has kept on selling, while the cubes spurt has died down. Btw, neither are metal.

DS totally and fully pwned the PSP. The Ds is still rolling and its doing very well. PSP had one gme: GTA stories...

Wii will destroy everything. PS3 will be the envied system taht no one has.

Nintendo
    for da win yo
    In the end OH

uberrap ^^^

15. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

Mind you that an xbox360 with same options you get standard with a ps3 not including a 60GB HD would cost $750 ;)