Nintendo Ds

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ambiguity, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Leetsauce

Leetsauce Well-Known Member

The man knows his stuff :D

I used to have a ds, woulodnt mind buying one again. I was pretty into the homebrew scene as well. Also, if you get an R4, make sure you download the latest fw from the r4 website (www.r4ds.com), as the one on the disc are most likely old ones.

2. sanjuro3456

sanjuro3456 Member

Get the pokemon games. They are always a blast from the past.
    Another fun game is that Super Mario game.

3. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Well-Known Member

R4 doesn't have any issues with download play. I went on a road trip with my friends and were were playing all kinds of games on download play just with my R4 card and the games on it.

Best investment I've ever made.

As for games, go for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness, FF3, FF Fables: Chocobo Tales, FF4 when it comes out, New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, and all the Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice games.

4. Oroboro

Oroboro Well-Known Member

If you wanna get good games for the ds,get:
    The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy III, and Lunar:Dragon Song.
    The last two are RPG's, and they're amazing, and the first one is an rpg/action. Best game ever.

5. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Well-Known Member

The World Ends With You is not even CLOSE to the best game ever. It's not bad, but almost every game Square has made has been better.

6. sizz

sizz Well-Known Member

Games wise, get the Phoenix Wright series <3

7. Ambiguity

Ambiguity Well-Known Member

Everyone hid in your closet so I'm under your bed
    Is the R4 still good?I just read somewhere they it seems like they have stopped giving updates, that's that mean all the upcoming games aren't going to work on it?I hear a lot of people saying the CycloDS is better now.

Anyways yeah I've thought about all the above listed games, say for the Phoenix Wright series(never heard of it).

8. Ambiguity

Ambiguity Well-Known Member

Everyone hid in your closet so I'm under your bed
    Agreed, though I do have to agree most of the DS games are more family oriented, the DS has a lot more fun games then the PSP as of right now(kinda the same with Wii and the PS3).Don't get me wrong though, I'm a huge fan of Sony.

.:Edit:.
    Oops, sorry about the double post.

9. SM RxBandits

SM RxBandits Senior Member

i agree with everyone else. the R4DS is the best of those systems. its what i use. i bought it off amazon for about 50 bucks. it is the easiest to use and is the most popular. you can do movies and games and music, so it does everything. but no matter what you buy, make sure you buy from a respected seller on amazon or ebay or something. DO NOT buy from sites called where the R4 is one of the only items that they "sell." if they have 5 products its probably a fake site. so spend the extra 10 or 15 bucks to buy from a place you know that will actually work. my USB reader for the SD card broke after a while and i just e-mailed them and they sent me 2 brand new ones with next day shipping without any questions. so just buy from something trustworthy.

10. RagekiJohn

RagekiJohn Member

If your a naruto fan I would recommend getting Naruto Ninja Destiny. Graphics aren't that great but in my opinion it's sort of a street fighter version of Naruto on DS.