||nilogic|| New Sig

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by Nilogic, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Nilogic

Nilogic Well-Known Member

V1 : [​IMG]

i made this out of an tutorial named : Killzone by Sitic

V2: [​IMG]

2. duckieking

duckieking Well-Known Member

all in all looks a tad plain without any depth...
    A few words of advise:
    1. A very cheap way for some little depth is by burning away the edge opposing your render
    2. It surely isn't obligatory to have text in your text. Unless you're feeling it really adds to your tag, lose it;)
    3. Very few fonts can fit into both an abstract pink (!) tag and a dark cloudy one... And that isn't one of them ;)
    4. Great job on blending in the render, but I reckon it could with a little tad of sharpness...
    5. the very clouds on the left seem pixelated, probably due to some sharpening at some point or some other reason ... Blur tool works wonders on tags like these to work such things away ^^

As a side note, that seems quite a list but it's through our mistakes that we learn :)

As a conclusion, keep it up :D
    Sure looks good for a newcomer's tag :D

Duck

3. chipmunk2k5

chipmunk2k5 Well-Known Member

looks fine for a new comer tag but the render might be a little to blurred you don't have depth or lighting or even a focal point and you might want to lose the text on this one, I know it is just your name but it took me a while to figure out you don't have to put your name it in every sig :P

4. Nilogic

Appreciated :)

5. Nilogic

V2 added

i took some of ur advice Duck :)

6. chipmunk2k5

v2 looks better in my opinion good job on it but the render seems to much blended in and the lighting seems wrong

good job for a new comer though

7. Nilogic

thx but can you explain you how to get the ligting better in it

thx

8. chipmunk2k5

if you use the gradient tool to make the circular gradient and put white as your foreground and make the gradient go from white to transparent you can click and drag to create a circle of white that fades to nothing and then set the layer mode to Soft Light

this generally adds lighting

you can also take the burn tool and darken the shadow sides and lighten the light side

to add depth you can sharpen the focal point and blur the background a little bit..

your render looks like you overlayed it on the background which is bad because then its to dark and hard to see

these are some of the things I do to make it a little bit better..

you could also use a black to transparent gradient to darken like the edges and surroundings around the focal point to make it seem brighter stuff like that..

9. hells

hells Well-Known Member

i agree with duck. soemthing i noticed is that the render looks too overtaken by the blending. it eliminates the effect of the redner. so try pulling the render out a little while keeping it blended. and yes you need a lightsource, too dark and the render is disappearing.

10. Nilogic

thx very much

11. duckieking

duckieking Well-Known Member

V2 is infinitely better than your V1 :D great job!
    It's just that you still lack a defined lightsource.
    Nice work on fixing it so far though :) Love the effects coming from the render (wether they were stock or custom ;) )

Just keep in mind while applying a light source that in this tag it should be at the bottom middle/right, as you can see from the shadows of the render :)