New Word Filter Rule.....why?

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by Pale, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Pale

Pale Well-Known Member

This new filter rule...........It makes no sense, just because some who "wish" they were --- are using these terms to boost view count or sales, ban them or give them a warning for false advertisement, personally, I dont give a ---- what someone is rated, I just look at tags/designs and I know........so this is not a biased point Im trying to make, It should apply for every member on GR, I think it has caused stress a million times over by now, I've seen it and read it in post's...................... dont take away our freedom of speech, thats just wrong, this is a gfx forum, and the word --- just happens to be be affiliated with it, this just doesnt register in my mind, I see no reason for it. And btw, if this rule sticks around, you may as well kill the rate the artist above you topic, think about it, 70% of the posts are filtered as if vulgar words are being used, its just childish, and a poor way to regulate a "so called" issue, thats JMO, how do you feel about it ?

2. fuse

fuse Well-Known Member

GR does not want to be affiliated with the word pro or any other ratings.

That's what other members should do and filtering out ratings would help. If other people don't care about it, great. We don't want to revolve GR around sig ratings when some views are different than others.

I'll let another Mod continue if they want since my time is limited right now.

3. Stealth09

Stealth09 Well-Known Member

If you dont care whatg people are rated then the rule sholdn't affect you as much. If you know any other way to get people to stop using them in thier tag sellingthreads then lets hear it. People are going to try to do it --- or not and it is becomming a tactic just to sell things which is unaccacptable. Since GR does not rate people, people dont have the option to say if someone is --- or not.

4. madmav

madmav Well-Known Member

pro
    novice
    Filter abuser!

5. Pale

Pale Well-Known Member

If the problem lies in the Auction Room, filter the words in there, if they try to get around it, hand out a warning, if it happens again, ban them, dont just like filter the word completely, thats rediculous

6. Stealth09

Im sure if u use the pro outside of the Shops noone will hassle you. Do you know how much work it would take to filter that just in the shops? It would need to be done by mods manually.

7. Pale

Pale Well-Known Member

I completely understand and respect that, But i think that is what needs to happen. You cant even rate an artist anymore, AT LEAST remove the filter from that topic, I understand the filter in the Auction Room and shops, because 75% that say they are --- are not, So I agree on that note.

8. ThugRider

ThugRider Well-Known Member

The words were filtered for a reason. By writing pr0 and such you are just making it worse. Guys, you have to realise, the words were filtered because of us. We pushed it by abusing the words and creating false advertise, which in my eyes it a lot worse than having a silly word blocked. Think a while: if you don't like it as it is, what will it be if we keep using the forbidden words? Just think of it, each time you dodge the filter you are pushing the mods patience, and in one point, they will have enough of it, and even if you get banned- which is the worse it could happen to you- the rest of Gr will have to take the consequences.

Solution: Find a word to replace ---. Maybe experienced or such. I love this rule. Btw we used the word incorrectley for A LONG time in case you don't know.

9. Stealth09

You can't just filter certain forums though. which is why GR decided to sacrafice one thing for the removal of ratings in the auction room.

10. Pale

Pale Well-Known Member

speak for yourself mate, I HAVE NEVER MISPREPRESENTED ANYTHING!

when i sell stuff, i say " TAG SALE! " thats it, so plz do not include all of us in your "we"

11. Sexiom_____SPAM

Sexiom_____SPAM Well-Known Member

Make a classing forum, and a classing group. If someone not classed as ---, but they still say so in a topic, suspend them.

12. Pale

Pale Well-Known Member

thats a great idea, why not get a classing forum?

13. ThugRider

ThugRider Well-Known Member

You're right. Sorry. :tongue:

But there is no way of just punishing some members. Because of some, we all now have to deal with this whole situation.

Classing forum? Eh-eh. I don't know, seriously. Question: Have you tought on the rules?

14. Pale

Pale Well-Known Member

Yes, I have, and I abide by them as well............. tyvm ;)

15. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

Why class people here when you got places like NSL to do so? I dunno, I might have misunderstood the thread's meaning,lol.