New Toy

Discussion in 'Camera Drawn' started by Geox, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Geox

Geox Well-Known Member

So i was walking the 15 minutes in the freezing cold (with the flu) to my mythology class today when i looked over at a large pond on campus. On top of the wall next to the pond i saw a digital slr completely unattended. So i walked over to it checked it out then my conscious got to me and i sat and waited 45 minutes (skipped class) to see if the owner would return to claim in. Instead of leaving it there i took it back with me. Needless to say i am now the owner of a new, perfectly functioning Canon Rebel Xsi with the stock lens that comes on it. :)

2. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

Could have turned it into campus security ;)

It does seem silly to leave it behind though... Something that's rather hard to forget. At least you waited, that's more than some would do... (guy jacked a D80 with three lenses once because it was unattended momentarily)

3. Geox

Geox Well-Known Member

haha i could have but you never know whats going to happen to it. plus its better off with me then with someone that isnt going to use it hahaha

4. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

I am jealous now. I have been really craving Canon lenses lately and have been deciding that Nikon might not have been the best idea for me. Props on waiting so long. Poor guy/girl who lost it.

You should put up flyers with 'FOUND CAMERA - call if you know brand and type, and lens with it - LOOKING FOR REWARD'.

Or then again, you could just keep it.

5. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

They both have their pros and cons. I'm still perfectly happy with Nikon, especially considering I can get high quality glass for less if I just buy an old manual lens. Of course, you hear different things depending on who you ask. Most photographers gave up saying which is better, haha.

Now what I'm craving is a view camera. Not that I could afford it in my wildest dreams. Could buy a nice house in Texas for the price of the one I saw the other day. I suppose I could just use film though... knock off almost all of the price that way...