New Tattoo, What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dementia, Feb 12, 2006.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

nice tattoos

2. Bones-gfx

Bones-gfx Well-Known Member

nice tat! i like the skull a lot!

3. Dream30.

Dream30. Well-Known Member

tattoos are so expensive because of the time put into them. They are art. Would you give a professional artist $20 to paint whatever you have in mind... same goes for a tattoo artist.

Considering some artists dont charge for the prior-to-getting time, the time they spend drawing, setting-up the rooms, and clean is generally not included in teh price; hence a large tip.

The actual price($129+) goes for the cleanliness of a place. If you go to a grungy place and get it for $80 an hour, think about who their customers are... how the place looks, etc.

A tattoo is VERY difficult to do... a persons body is not like paper(it has curves) and people tend to move when getting a needle, thousands of times... $129 is a fair price.

4. IonMirage

IonMirage Well-Known Member

cool i guess i dont really see the point

5. Longhorns

Longhorns Well-Known Member

Looks cool. Enjoy it while you're young because it might looked messed up when you're in your latter years.

6. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

thats why you get it touched up :)

7. adrianna

adrianna Senior Member

What do you mean by touched up.

I'd get a tatoo of flowers but I'm afraid of the needles.Everytime I see a need I have a panic attack and fainted/passed out.

8. dementia

meaning over years your skin DOES stretch out and what they can do is brighten it up and add a few new peices to the tattoo to make it look more like a 100% complete tattoo rather than this stretched out, distorted thing...

also, since you pass out at needles, its more of a pen, not really like a shot kind of needle (like the doctors office), and if you do pass out, they have to stop the tattoo and make sure your alright, etc.

that or bring some music, take some pain pills, and relax while your there and it should be done relatively soon, then you just have to slap it a few times a day to keep the sting from coming around. If you scratch it you risk going to the ink layer and smearing the ink around...

9. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Wouldnt ever get a tattoo, but yours looks cool.

10. Dream30.

Dream30. Well-Known Member

you can get a prescription from a local doctor for a cream that nums the skin. Dont look at the needle. Ive been in 6 times now, and i havent even seen the equipment they use, the closest thing is on Myth Busters when they tattooed a piece of meat, and on How Its Made when they showed tattooing.

Before you go, you HAVE TO eat something... without food in your stomache, you can get low blood sugar and become nauseous

11. ManiacalMcMonkey

ManiacalMcMonkey Well-Known Member

Ive lways wanted to geta a tatoo but I dont know what to get...i think I do but then Ithink..that would be stupid......like the general lee (the car from the dukes of hazzard...the show not the sh*tty remake with jessica simpilton.. i mean simpson) but then I though about it and im like no..i dont need that on my back for the rest of my life

12. elements12

elements12 Well-Known Member

Cool tattoo reminds me of doom :S

13. dementia

a car tends to be a bad thing to get for a tattoo...

generally a tattoo has a meaning to you, like a rememberance tattoo for someone who has died, etc. but its also attractive for YOU. After all, it is on your body for the rest of your life, you better like it, and it better have meaning to it.

14. dbz rocks

dbz rocks Well-Known Member

awsome tatto but..never i repeat never get a tatto of a girl friends name...Lol....I have a tatto of a egal on my upper right arm..cost me £500 it's pretty big and there is alot of colour...got it done as soon as i turned 15 by my friends dad..

15. JaeTM

JaeTM Senior Member

Pretty cool tattoo. I wouldn't want something like a skull or something death like cause what's it gonna be like when you're like 75 and you have a skull on you...odd but ok.

I am gonna get a tattoo when I get older but it's gonna be like an eagle with a cross n stuff like that.

Yeah my cousin got a tattoo done and it cost her like 200 something.

But what happens if your like getting the tattoo done and you flinch and he like screws up or something, you screwed?