New Skin

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by PriMetiMe, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Xioushi

Xioushi Well-Known Member

Yeahh, now that you put it that way I understand. So I'm more of a designer, but i CAN develop. Makes good sense. Nice job.

Yeahh, I have PLENTY designs, and will only code if I have to, but if somebody just asks for the PSD..all is well! :)

2. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Well, probably pointless continuing this argument now that he's all banned and sh!t, but I do both web designing and coding, and TBH, the ease at which is is to learn basic XHTML and CSS to a level capable of coding 90% of templates (at least the templates that most beginners around here are making), not knowing how to code a web page is just plain foolish.

Also, reserection (even tho you're banned and probably can't read this, although knowing you you'll connect via proxy just because you can't survive without this site), don't hold any beliefs that you are at anything near a ----- web designers level. Basic IPB and site templates are where beginners cut their teeth, as in a real sense of it, they offer very little that a well tweaked default template can't do (and I'm talking a few hours tweaking by someone who's knowlegable in most WYSIWYG programs). Real web designers do designs that integrate everything from custom flash menus, incorporate custom CMS plugins, have a working knowledge of CSS (you can't design effectively without it[/i] and are usually a part of a web developing whole.

Real web designers work alongside developers. The only time you'll make decent money doing purely design is when you're working for a firm/studio where everything you do is in line with a developer. You will never be a ----- web designer unless you first prove yourself with websites you have completely designed and coded yourself.

I am currently working as a graphic designer, and web design is one element of what I offer, and I know plenty of other ----- designers, and they will all vouch for the fact that people who submit designs to crowdsourcing, spec work sites like 99designs are amateurs in every sense of the word.