New Signature, New Style (for Me)

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by Dan.Holton, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Dan.Holton

Dan.Holton Member

following a few tutorials from here and a little bit of improvisation i came up with this. i'm honestly not too sure so if you guys would please give some C'n'C

Dan.

[​IMG]

2. Dan.Holton

Dan.Holton Member

BUMP!

3. Dan.Holton

Dan.Holton Member

Wow people just ignore new people on here. I haven't even had one comment yet.

4. Jiin

Jiin Well-Known Member

spammed the same thing in your last post. see my reply to your other post for your comment

5. Proximity-HazeD

Proximity-HazeD Well-Known Member

It's not just new people always, alot of GR members themselves these days just don't like helping other, or don't know how to.

Basically, it's very blank and plain.

All I can see that you did is some coloring and brightening, with a little bit of a grundgy look at the top right.

My advice to help you as a artist grow (based off your current sig and posted sig) is...

Flow - Start making your backgrounds have a fluent look to them, don't just have random effects all over the place, make them follow something
    in your tag to make the viewers eye direct to your focal point. Also don't use a plain background with just one object, if you going to do something simple
    put some interesting effects and/or design to keep the persons attention instead of just a colored black figure.

Depth - You need to work on creating depth in a signature, use bluring and lighting to do this.

Brightness and Contrast - You over contrast all of your signatures, this doesn't help your depth or attractiveness to the signature, it's in a sense a violent look for your eye.
    Try and make these balanced so the work you put in isn't over shown by brightness and darkness.

There's not much else I feel like I have to say yet till you show me some more artwork.
    Till then I hope that helped a bit. :D

6. Dan.Holton

Dan.Holton Member

Thanks alot for your comments. This is very plain but I have never tryed this style and tbh it's not for me, alot of my work is grunge that's what it has always been, I can see what you mean it is over contrasted and the focal points don't stand out enough but j guess that's something I can work on in time, please give more comments. Every little helps

Dan.