New Homerun King

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cast, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Duckz

Duckz Active Member

Im sorry, what? All of sports? I he some sort of super athlete?

2. Echö

Echö Well-Known Member

It was never proved he used steroids, so get off his back.

3. Jtp

Jtp Well-Known Member

Nobody is saying it is the greatest sport, there are just very few records that are the same caliber as this record.

4. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

The thing is though, the machines that make baseballs now can wind them more tightly then they were wound back in Hank Aaron's time. This makes it a lot easier to hit the ball with more power today than it was back then. If you look at league statistics now and then, there are a lot more home runs being hit each year now than there were back then.

However, even if that weren't taken into account, I still think a better record was set by Mark McGuire. He hit a home run every 10.6 times he went up to bat during his career. While he didn't break the home run record, I still think he's a better hitter than Bonds is.

However, I will admit that Bonds is a pretty good hitter. He has a high number of RBIs as well, showing that he's a pretty good overall hitter as well, I just don't think he's the best.

5. Flag

Flag Well-Known Member

I still pay baseball to day and the fastest ball I have recieved was clocked at 80 mph from a major league distance. It is not as hard to analyze and swing within the short window of time if you have played for along time.

As for proof. His own teammate says he saw him taking steroids. There are still some steroids that can not be tested for because they do not show up on the standard steroids testing tests.