New Homerun King

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cast, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Cast

Cast Well-Known Member

hehe, i was hoping someone would come along to debate with but idk i posted a great post, would be kinda tough to beat that :P

plus all i watch during the day is ESPN lol so im well informed when it comes to sports

2. Wynter

Wynter Senior Member

lol greatest record in all of sport? i doubt it ;) plus, if he is on drugs, he deserves none of it..

3. † Messiah †

† Messiah † New Member

Hmm, he tooks steroids but they werent illegal when he was doing them, when they became it, he stopped.. so really he didnt do anything wrong.

also, steroids give you muscle last time i checked, taking steroids doesnt give you the skill to hit the ball.. + Bonds didnt just hit homeruns or strike out, he had tons of rbi's etc etc.. thats not from steroids..

Hank Aaron struck out TONS

4. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Seconded.

5. Coolguy

Coolguy Well-Known Member

Theres no evidence of him taking steroids, and even if he did, they were legal. When they werent legal, if he was taking them he stopped because he always passed the test...

Now, everyone knows it is the best record in sports.. In your opinion what do you think beats the MOST homeruns ever? most touchdowns? pff... not even close

6. Cast

Cast Well-Known Member

yea its a record that stood for what like 33 years? please find me another sports record that even comes close.

7. Jtp

Jtp Well-Known Member

It's sad how most of you think steroids automatically make you a great baseball player. Since steroids have been illegal has he failed a test? It's definitely the greatest record to be broken in sports.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

LOL, so did he shoot some steriods in the batters box just before he got to the plate before that last homerun?? :P

9. Cast

Cast Well-Known Member

hes never tested positive and when he was allegedly using them they were NOT illegal

10. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Well-Known Member

I can see your points, but I still have a problem with celebrating this man's achievements on many levels. First and foremost: if you doubt he took steroids, you need to question why the man (Greg Anderson) who was Bonds' personal trainer and friend is still serving a sentence for refusing to testify about Bond's possible perjury in investigations about steroid use. Link that with the fact that Bonds' home run totals jumped from around 40/year to 73 in 2001 and I begin to have doubts at his legitimacy.

The fact that there existed no mandatory drug testing in MLB before 2001 does not in any way make me feel better about drug use in baseball. For me, the honor and integrity of sports (while severely diminished in todays era) has always been a hallmark of the games. And to have my trust betrayed hurts. Also, the fact that Bonds has always been an unlikable person has no doubt changed my opinion of him.

And just to clear things up a little for those of you who don't seem to understand: Steroids do help make you a better baseball player. I don't disagree that Bonds was a great athlete even before his alleged steroid use began, but consider other players like Ken Griffy Jr. and their history with the sport. Steroids obviously make you stronger: more able to hit the ball out of the park when you make solid contact, but they also can serve to shorten the recovery period needed between injuries and reduce the time required to rehab from everyday play.

I don't write these things to offend anyone, but instead to express why I have little pride in being around for this "achievement." Hank Aaron played in a different era, one where integrity and love of the game drove players to be the best they could be for their teams and their fans. Something I doubt Bonds can say about himself.

11. kirkf

kirkf Well-Known Member

^ Owned!

Lol, Amen to that, never really seen the big thing about baseball, and being s the only country that make THAT big a deal about it is the USA i would by no chance call it the greatest record in all of sports... :lol:

12. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

I never really liked baseball either, and I'm american,lol. But it's cool though, who cares if he took steroids.

13. nasersaeed

nasersaeed Member

i agree with Hulka

14. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

Bonds is a ------ing cheater.

15. You-iN

You-iN New Member

I hate him.