Need To Loose Belly Fat!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zohair, Sep 2, 2008.

1. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats why I just said it broadly, the whole range of crunches is necessary to work all areas of your abs.

2. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Seriously.
    Works.

3. Nicasus

Nicasus Well-Known Member

More hardcore fapping.

4. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

5. .ZERO

.ZERO Nigga wit a PSD

eat some raw chicken

6. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

I might try that out actually, had a quick look through the site and it seems to be preety effective. Sit-ups have always been a weakness of mine, everything else is fine.
    Cheers.

7. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

only way to do spot reduction is via liposuction.

otherwise you loose fat everywhere and cant't really control how it's lost.

start weight lifting and eating well.

8. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

So this means that I have do conduct the good push-ups sit-sups exercises in order to reduce the belly fat and xlink I didn't quite get what you said?

9. AnythingPink

AnythingPink Well-Known Member

Well I used to struggle with weight when I was younger..

Growing up I was on the heavy side as a child, but I lost most of my fat by growing naturally from puberty..

I got more shape by jogging, which is great for toning.

Last year I used to take traditional style kung fu, was very good for my body. Gave me muscle I never had before heh.

But now I'm still in the best shape of my life, I have a flat stomach, I just mostly do simple stretches, dancing, yoga exercises, push up, jogging and of course eating well. Then again I lost a lot of weight when I was vegetarian, not anymore but I still watch what I eat and stuff.

10. <HITMAN

<HITMAN Well-Known Member

I like how this Has more views than My topics
    Do Situps - do about 3 sets of 50, and everyweek increase of how many u can do. If you lift weights and get more MUSCLE on your body you burn more calories and ur matabalism increases. Do Run,Swim w/e do situps get a good diet,and lift weights every other day and you will be tone.

11. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

So basically I have to do physical exercises a lot! I will focus on doing that and I will try what freelancer suggested, hope that also works out!

12. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

This seriously is the worst advice if you are trying to lose weight. In fact, eating one meal a day, will generally cause people to eat one large meal a day. What this does, is slows your metabolism down, and causes your body to store more fat because it will be a long time (24 hrs) before you eat again. Thus, your body will save the fat, slow your metabolism, and make your gut even larger.

If you are serious about wanting to lose body weight, don't do things such as starving yourself, or what not. All you really can do is have a set mind, and be healthy.

Just go and sign up to a gym nearby, you should get a test the first time after which they will give you a nice schedule depending on how many times in the week you're going to go. Atleast, that's the way it goes here. Unless you're an incredibly motivated guy signing up to a gym is a MUST, it can be hard to keep training even if you are going to the gym, let alone if every mental aspect relies on yourself.

The 'about to die feeling' really is a good thing, it's just you pushing your limits. Everyone has that, the amount of work needed to reach that point varies for each person, and it'll drastically 'improve' the first few months. One thing youve got to realise on how the muscles work if you want to get em stronger: If they are aching then it means the muscle is messed up a bit (it has tears in it, its a good thing if you're trying to bulk up / get stronger), so it needs a short while to recover. It will however recover stronger than it was before. That's the way the formula works!

I remember the first few times, I couldn't even properly hold the phone to my ears because my arms hurt so bad.

Get a nice schedule that combines cardio (running, rowing, stepping, biking) and exercises for the muscles (all areas), and keep at it. You'll notice rapid improvements in a relatively short time, remember though.. no pain no gain.

The gym is also a nice place to meet people, discuss what works best and maybe even bump in to random hot chicks! The combination of working out, building up a nice sweat, talking to people and in my case listening to dance and trance music is awesome!

As for exercising it is also important to know that muscle burns more calories than fat. So you still want to do some weight training. If you want to bulk then do what i suggest above, if you just want really toned then increase the amount of reps and lower the weight.

Personally, i'd say the exercise is crucial in fat loss. I know nothing about you, but take this advice to heart. fat people are not meant to run. What i mean is, do not over-train yourself whatever you do. The process of fat burn is by getting your heart rate at the level where fat is being burnt. Too high and your burning muscle and doing aerobic training (This comes later on, for stamina etc), too low and you're wasting your time. I'm not sure about your age, but for me, my ideal fat burning heart rate is 131. Assuming your similar in age to me, give or take a couple depending on your age compared to my age of 19. Cardio at the gym is boring, there's no denying that. That's why i don't do it, i do my weights at the gym and then go cycling instead. Perhaps you could go cycling if you don't enjoy the gym cardio? (swimming, walking are also cardio).

about nutrition and sleep, which are both important if you exercise (and if you don't, really..). Get fruits and salads in your meals. Eat fruits on any hour of the day but not mixed with other foods. for example, take two or three pieces to school/work for the snack break at 10 am (an apple, orange and banana for example). Your last meal of the day (dinner) should be the smallest, try to make bigger your first meal of the day too. go to bed having a salad or maybe just some fruits.

Get your proteins from: eggs, chicken, fish and turkey. Soya works well too, i just don't like the taste. don't eat pork or burguers, read meat is not nearly as good for you. don't eat fried stuff. add protaines to your salad (tuna, eggs, turkey ham etc). Take the carbs alone if you can. All this things are not so hard to do.

Try to drink nothing but water. This is key, no coke, no alcohol AT ALL, not even juices unless you make them from fresh fruit/vegetables.

if you do aerobics on the gym, make sure you do more than 20 minutes of bike or running in a row, and that you keep your heart rate between 110 in the beginning and finishing close to 140. Try keeping in 130 or so most of the time.

Take a water-bottle to the gym. Make sure you're drinking loads of water. you wanna sweat. Sweat is taking all the ---- out of your system, so is urine.

I wouldn't do more than 1 hour 30 minutes 3-4 times a week, that's enough to both build muscle or lose weight. My friends have less experience than i on working out. They usually work out 5 days a week ALL OUT but last no more than 3 months, then they quit the gym for one year and get even more fat than they were before. You want to be constant.
    Just make sure you're eating-drinking well and sleeping about 8 hours a day. try to always go to bed at a similar time and wake up too.. i actually fail at doing this

13. xlink

pushups are probably a bit overrated that's more endurance moreso than muscular strength.

dumbel flies
    benchpress
    dumbel press
    chest press
    etc.

14. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

HIIT is the best, fastest and most effective way to lose stomach/body fat. Look it up on google. Combine that with push-ups, sit-ups, and chin-ups a few sets a day and you will see real results within less than two weeks. Of course you can't gorge yourself on pizza and beer every day, but if you cut your calorie intake just a bit, assuming it is high at the moment, you WILL see results.

15. xlink

HIIT + bodybuilder diet = good results. ^^

I was doing HIT for a while might consider HIIT for the additional cardiovascular benefits this go around but I'll see. I'm thinking I might do a more traditional split as before i was doing HIT because it leaves you less immobilized the next day which is important since I was out pushing carts at my job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensit...terval_training

for those wondering think powerlifting and circuit training combined. minimal rest between sets and you just really push yourself