Need Help On Xbox Live Connection

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DP_Elite, Jul 20, 2006.

1. DP_Elite

DP_Elite Well-Known Member

I have just recently, recieved an Xbox 360. With my old Xbox, I had a subscription with Xbox Live, and that subscription doesn't end until a while now. So, I want to transfer my acc to my Xbox 360. Unfortunately, my Xbox 360 is downstairs and my main router is upstairs. Is it possible to connect my Xbox 360 downstairs to the upstairs router? What will I need?

Thanks,
    DP_Elite

2. Canada Eh895

Canada Eh895 Well-Known Member

A long cable.. Just a normal network cable.. IDK what they're called. The same cable that you use to connect your router to your computer... Just longer.

Or if its a wireless router, get the Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter thingy. Its all on the XBOX website.

3. Jammie

Jammie Well-Known Member

the cables used are called cat5/rj45 cables. you could get a long one of those, or you could do what canada eh said and go wireless (if your router allows it)

4. V1sual B1nary

V1sual B1nary Well-Known Member

Id use the RJ45, thats what ive done to my xbox 35 meters long cable and it just reaches, it goes through a wall :P

Wireless doesnt go through walls in my house so i find wireless crap but it may work better for you.

5. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

Im confused. DO you want account recover or copy from your xbxo to 360?

If your xbox 360 is connected to the net? then you use account recovery.

6. Canada Eh895

Lol my cable is like 50 feet long.. Mine has to go through the whole house.. Down through the floor, through the basement, to my room, and up through a little hole in the floor to the xbox, lol.

7. BuckVincent

BuckVincent Well-Known Member

I ave a 50 ft cable too. It goes through the office floor, through the basement, then it goes to my hub in my room and I split it off to the xbox and the comp.

8. V1sual B1nary

I had to drill a whole through a double skinned wall so i didnt have to run it under loads of floor boards to go round in a U shape whe i can just go through the wall, anyone else find wileless connections crap?

9. Canada Eh895

Yeah, I tried a wireless adapter for my XBOX. It was way to laggy and low quality, but what do you expect from Microsoft, lol. Went back to wired later that day and returned the adapter.

10. YoRone22

YoRone22 Well-Known Member

The one from Microsoft is actually the best kind of wireless adapter you can get. I have wireless and it works just as good as wired.

11. Canada Eh895

Lol well I must have gotten a defective one or something :P The walls in my house are thick plus the fact that the router is on the other side of the house and its a big house could also be a problem. IDK, all I know is that now I use wired because Wireless was crap.. Mreh.

12. Jammie

Jammie Well-Known Member

i use wireless for my ps2, and there's no lag...well thats because the router is about 5m from the ps2

13. V1sual B1nary

Thats probably why then, but for anyone who is not in the same room as the router especially one a few rooms away then wireless tends to be crap and as far as i can see thats what its designed for, maze well go wired if your in the same room as it or next to it etc.