Need Help Looking For Fallout Masks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .ArctiC., Jan 7, 2009.

1. .ArctiC.

.ArctiC. Well-Known Member

hey guys, i'm looking for a picture of a fallout/gas mask that only has those muzzle/air canister/whatever they're called in front. tried googling for them but i can't seem to find any. i can't even find them in the resources section. i just want a pic of the mask, not someone wearing one. vectorzied or photoshop shape preferable. thanks. (sorry, can't give anything in return)

2. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. .ArctiC.

thanks, but that's not exactly what I was looking for. Hmmm, something like this:

[​IMG]

I cant recall where I got it from

4. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That's all I can find... And it's very blingy. My guess is that the canisters are always off to one side because they are military respirators, and one side needs to be open for firing a weapon. Other masks are for civilians and designed differently for efficiency. Modern masks follow different rules and have the filters on both sides, as well as smaller, but they also have a full face of glass, instead of slats for the eyes.

And in that picture, you have two canisters off to the side ;)

5. Ambiguity

Ambiguity Well-Known Member

Everyone hid in your closet so I'm under your bed
    What was wrong with those?

Anyways:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one might be copyrighted because it looks Photoshop made but I dunno.

They are kinda small but if your getting them vectorized it doesn't matter(of course neither should someone actually wearing the mask).I'd look some more but my cheap router is making my net run slow today :P

6. .ArctiC.

I already found this through google. thnks though.

nothing wrong with them. just not what i was looking for. not "cool" enough. yea, for lack of a better word.

your first one seems ok. but not quite

7. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

http://flickr.com/photos/icefoxx/279033297...s/l/#cc_license <-- licensed under CC, so look at that if you consider using it.

Search for gas mask models, find one that suits your particular fancy, and then search for that one on google images :). That particular one is the M95, but the M110 CBRN is similar. The Avon S10 NBC is the first one Ambiguity showed. The C4 CBRN mask looks cool (imho), but there aren't many pictures of it on the internet, and I haven't really seen any with the respirator attached... You can always fake that part though.

[​IMG] <-- Canadian C4 CBRN

This is about the point where I'd ask you to give me a thumbnail sketch or detailed description, based off of another mask, of what you wanted. Otherwise, it's pretty much a hit or miss search ;)

8. .ArctiC.

thanks man. it's the sort i'm looking for. and thanks for the tip. if anyone wants to give more, please do so