Need A Gaming Comp

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gravewalker, Aug 8, 2006.

1. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

don't worry about it, I stopped giving a damna bout creds a long time ago... I just gave away like 1200 a few days ago

2. Gravewalker

Gravewalker Well-Known Member

Heh , now i have to win over my parents..

3. xlink

just tell them it is their fault for nto researching intoa computer and that for the price paid for that system, they could have gotten a better one for less(atleast with gaming in mind, with general use still being quite competant)

again you might need a better power supply, though that isn't a 100% given. don't cheap out on the PSU too much because the quality of the part and the rating of it matters a fair amount, the puma I linked to has the same amperage on the 12V rail as the 520 version of it and is quite stable given the cost.

I had a similar situation with my parents. my mother is somewhat cheap and my father can't justify spending money ona computer for me when he doesn't even have one(which is sad considering he is a multimillionaire and should need one to manage his finances)

how I solved the problem was simple - i got a job.

4. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

lmao, this is so much fun beeting you in a discussion.

Gravewalker apparently doesn't know much about what he is doing inside a computer, and I was explaining how easy it was. Maybe you should like, read between the lines, because when you said that, it didn't make sense. There were no lines for me to read between.

Maybe you noticed the price on the peice-of------x1600? $160 for a card that is worse/equal to a $90 card? That extra vRAM would do nothing for that card. As said like a 1000 times on these forums, after 128mb vRAM, it really doesn't help. I would certainly rather want 128mb vRAM and a 256-bit interface, rather then 256mb vRAM with a 128-bit interface.

Um ok. Nothing to read between, I drew a map for you.

5. daemond

daemond Senior Member

no, u just confuzed me even more. Im sorry i dont spend my life on computers learning everything i can. i on the otherhand have a social life and dont care much for nething else to do with this. you have obviously not understood what i said. Im done with this, i gave my 2 cents to help out gravewalker and now u rip me up for it.

6. logicalx

logicalx Well-Known Member

remember Alienware is now Dell :) XPS pretty good for gaming iv got one yet i dont use mine for gaming just power for photo editing etc :) does me proud

7. SM RxBandits

SM RxBandits Senior Member

alienware and voodoo computers are really nice gaming computers.

8. Gravewalker

I have a job, actaully 2, both part time dpeending on who needs me, and i have $200 to kill, biut my parents think its bull---- to buy a new gfx card cus they think cus my comp cost 700 its top of the line or something...

9. johndapunk FTW

show your parents these forums for like 30 minutes and they will change.

10. Gravewalker

Woudl work, but the problem is that most of you are horny teenagers with free time and i dont belive you can convince my parents but hey... ill give it a shot

11. johndapunk FTW

Bit out of line on that comment, but what ever.

12. xlink

tell them it isn't top of the line since HP price gouges, that the system I had Prior more or less outperformed it by double, that the new core 2 outperforms it by about threefold and that your system didn't come with a graphics card so it has trouble doing work in photoshop(which is an all out lie, but ) and in intensive 3d work(which is true) and that you would like to persue artistic enhancement

Merged Post:

additional vRAM does help, it just isn't worth paying for. it's like running an airconditioner in antarctica, might make things a bit chillier but it's pointless

13. Gravewalker

ok i jus bought it, its on it's way :)

14. Sord

Sord Well-Known Member

you got the X800GTO right? if so after you use it tell me how good it is cause i might get it

15. Sephz0r

Sephz0r Well-Known Member

Get an x1900.