N. Korea Launches First Nuke Test

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by White Tiger, Oct 9, 2006.

1. insanecritic

insanecritic Well-Known Member

Meh, so N.K. may actually be a nuclear nation now. Pretty scary stuff, I'll be honest I'm worried about what North Korea will do with the power. Could be we have another war on our hands.

But, not for a while. They have no way of launching the warheads atm (assuming they even have them), so we have some time to figure out what to do about it.

2. Littlej

Littlej Well-Known Member

"this could be leading to another world war."

If there was a world war it would be more like the world against North Korea =P

Most of their power (electrical power, as in power for houses, lights etc.) comes from China, The only reason China wouldn't turn off their power if they refused to stop testing nukes is because all the people from North Korea would come over to China and they don't want that, or so I've been told.

Like other people have said, they don't even have the technology to get their weapons off the ground, so I don't think we need to worry. If they did continue to develop these weapons then I'm sure countries like America, Australia probably Japan maybe even China and more would stop it.

They are a pretty poor country and are spending all their money on devloping nuclear weapons...My favourite quote from the PM "North Korea is seriously crazy" :D

3. Stealth09

Stealth09 Well-Known Member

Noone is doing enough about it! Talk talk talk, not enough action! We need to do something if we think we can keep making threats.

4. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

While I may agree with you, we also must be rational about this. Even people like the members of GR and myself - while we may have some basic knowledge and grasp on the modern political structure of the world - cannot truly step forward and stop this. Protests and demonstrations will do very little, considering the actions against DPRK (aka North Korea) can only be dished through the international community and the Security Council. If we were to launch into all out war with nukes and aerial assaults, this would not only be immoral, but would make the United States' rep in the UN even worst than it already is.

At this rate, things are only going to go back in circles. DPRK will still be an isolated nation in third-world poverty, the US will still be opposed by the likes of the Russian Federation and China, and we will have one more - sadly - undeclared nuclear power in the world. The good news is that DPRK faces the fact that the US is backed by the two other undeclared nuclear states (Israel and India) as well as one other veto nation (United Kingdom). While Kim Jong Il, by far one of the craziest yet intelligent men in the political scene of today, is still poised at taking down the US and all of Capitalistic society, we forget one thing: he loves the Western influence. Its a little-known fact that Kim Jong Il loves American movies as well as several other concepts that originated in the good ol' USA. In my opinion, he' s a little dictator who wants to be in the big boys' game. My real concern is how this is going to motivate our other up-and-coming nuclear state, Iran.

5. Iced

Iced Well-Known Member

We all hate them doing this but really there is not much we can do to stop it can we.

6. OwLz Da ReaPeR

OwLz Da ReaPeR Member

i see world war 3 hitting soon

7. Light

Light Well-Known Member

I don't think World War 3 will be developed from this.
    But I most definatly see a war between North and South Korea.