My Oppinion On Racial Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jack ACE Sawyer, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

A white man could go to jail for saying something that black people commonly use in some of their conversations. If you listen to some of that slang, as a white guy you'd think they were just plain verbally abusing eachother. Sometimes when I talk to certain black people and I want to mention something about their kind of race in general I really have to think about how to formulate it.
    If a white guy would try to sue a black guy for calling him "white boy" or something, no one would take him serious, while when a black guy would try to sue a white guy for using "the n word" (wich some black people use like a 100 times a day) the case would be on television. snap...

****** shouldn't even be insulting.
    Like white people are caucasian, black people are negro, and I sure as hell wouldn't make any big fuss about it when someone called me caucasian...

guess this post makes me a racist then.

2. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

So why do black people need to use it?

3. kingcraigj

kingcraigj Well-Known Member

yes of course black people can call themselves what ever they want.

but we have no right to. what gives us the right to call black people niggers?

and the word ****** links to the inslavery of black people.

so its not a very nice word.

we should never forget the past, if we do the past will repeat its self.

and it is offensive, it links to what white people used to call the 'slaves' they had taken from ****** (the country)

4. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

Howow.. so ****** actually comes from the country itself... so basicly It should be offensive to call people Belgian or Frensh or something. Black people arent the only people who have been mistreated in history.

However, yet we can freely say Indian or Jew without having to call them "brown people" or "broken white people"

5. kingcraigj

now you just becoming stupid, jew was named by jewish people, they thought of the name them selfs.

****** was the name for black slaves

can you see the diffrence?

http://www.answers.com/******

and niger meens black in spanish btw :P

6. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

So black people can call each other Niggers?
    Even though if white people call them it it means EXACTLY the same thing, and it's just as offensive. The world sucks, move on.

7. kingcraigj

ok put it this way then, if a gay person calls another person gay its ok. but if a straight person calls a gay guy gay its not ok, just think about it and you'll understand.

how come i understand it?

8. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

If a straight person calls a gay guy gay it is ok.
    As long as they are and it's not used in a discriminatory term.

9. kingcraigj

exacly, and ****** is being used in a direogetary way.

and its not ok for someone to call someone gay really.

you dont go up to a gay guy and start calling him gay boy or what ever, its the same for afro americans.

10. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

I saw a documentary when 1 of the artist from So Solid Crew [Yes its a rapping crew] He tried to make the 'n' word legitimate for example:

Young generation call themselves [black on black] Wats up ma Nig-- - In that sort of sense

He wanted to turn that word into a good way [sounds strange] so it doesnt evolve around the slavery period - However the older generation, he went up to Pele i think it was and asked opinions - Pele said it cannot be turned into a good word ever - That word was a label for black people who were slaves in the American state and was made up by white people

Basically reminded them of the Slave period.fullstop for them

But then again young generation say it freely

He then learnt that word cannot be switched due to its PAST NATURE

For me as a Asian-Muslim - I got many many many many of friends from plenty of backgrounds - White, Black, Brown, Chinese, African, English, American, Indian, Japanese etc

[Personal Experience]
    I am NOT racist in anyway just to get that out first , for a fun way 1 of my friend is black-caribbean type and I call him the 'n' word and he calls me the 'p' word back we all start laughing and play around

However if i had said that to a older-black person he would probably beat me - lolz

Both racial backgrounds are quite ignorant but then that doesnt stop me for making friends between them relations if they are not hardcore racists etc

Most hardcore racists have nothing to do but just act plain stupid and rather annoying causing trouble - Applies to everyone really

Well a final note ...

Kick out Racism - Or else ...me will haunt you :D

11. Jack ACE Sawyer

Jack ACE Sawyer Well-Known Member

Black people shouldn't be able to use the word either. I don't use the word and I don't use "cracker", "beaner", etc. But what I'm saying is that I've met black people that they don't want white people even using the word in conversation. Can't read it out of a book. WTF? I think that a mentality like that is childish and detrimental to overall racial equiality. If that's the case what's with black guys using the word cracker like it's another word for "guy"?

Black people don't need to use it anymore than a white guy does. Not to mention the fact that... believe it or not... not every single white guy out there has a former slave owner in his blood line. Most Americans at the time couldn't even own slaves. Half the country lost soldiers in a war that surrounded the freedom of those slaves and yet they can't say "nigga" which aparently, even though it gets its origins from a demeaning word, black people freely call eachother "niggas".

I've heard virtually every black guy that I asked this question say the following to this question.

Question: Is it alright if a Mexican or Latino guy calls you a nigga?

Answer: Yeah.

What's the difference between a Mexican or Latino guy saying the word and me, a guy who was NOT born in the US and has even had more suffering in his ancestral history than any Mexican guy. Not to mention the fact that since I'm from Romania it makes me mor Latin, in the REAL sense of the word, thatn Mexicans?

Actually, the Spanish word for black is negro. Niger is a place in Africa. I pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with Spanish, probably the Latin part of English, but the word "******" comes from the mispronounciation of the word "negro" by slave owners.

12. ReWrite

ReWrite Guest

0k...i'll have to quote tupac on the word "******"

"A '******' is the people you see hanging from trees with ropes around thier neck,a 'nigga' is the people you see hangin' in the club with gold ropes around thier neck" (not exact words but veery close)

but i think that black people should stop complaining about what white people did to them....it was the past...and they've had a time to thrive and be a dominae race in america...however natives (me) didn't get that chance they got killed and thier land raped...and how many natives do you really see on the street when your walking down it? (1-3 at MOST) and when was the last time you saw a really successsful native person? not nearly as much as black people...ywt we are still grouped into the category "white" by black people...

i dunno...i'm not mad at any race...cept blacks for bitching to much (no its not ment ina RACIST term, i only ment the ones that do...)

its also funny that a day when the white people slaughtered innoccent natives, is now celegrated as a national holiday

13. -Lennox-

-Lennox- Well-Known Member

the argument about saying whitey.

of course saying whitey isn't bad. Its like calling black people blacky. Its just funny.

But using N word isnt the same thing. Its a derogatory term, used by white people towards black people. So white people will never be able to use it.

14. Interfaced

Interfaced Well-Known Member

Finally. The word was used for hundreds of years by white people and still is sometimes used in a derogatory way, i can't see how white people expect to be able to use just because a black person says it to another black person.

15. Jack ACE Sawyer

Jack ACE Sawyer Well-Known Member

First of all though, the word "******" was not created to be derogatory. It's simply the mispronunciation of the word "negro" by a lot of the people in the US at the time. Read Huckleberry Finn and you'll see how people talked. Huck didn't say the word to put down Jim, he said it because it was part of society back then. It doesn't make it right, it doesn't make it wrong, it just makes it.

With that aside though... here are some facts and then I'll pose a question.

1. I'm not born in the United States so I have absolutely no ties with anybody that had anything to do with the slavery in America.

2. I'm Romanian so, literally, I'm more Latin than any Mexican you'll ever see yet it's alright for Mexicans to say "nigga" when talking to a black guy.

3. If it's the whole "my people suffered thing" well read my post and see what gypsies went through.

So here's my question... Would it be alright for me to call a black person "nigga"? If yes then why? If no then why?