My New Cp

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sord, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Sord

Sord Well-Known Member

I dont play many games anyway i basicly got it to play halo and take work of my CPU

2. |*| Callum |^|

|*| Callum |^| Active Member

Yes, shame, but at least search for some decent fans, try looking on http://www.silentpcreview.com/

3. PS3Talk

PS3Talk Well-Known Member

Even if COD 2 does support the GeForce MX4400 graphics card, the resolution will look extremely choppy and the game will totally lag.

4. thescreenstyle

thescreenstyle Well-Known Member

I just ordered some memory, but I still need to purchase some ram.

5. WFCxT-time

WFCxT-time Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that it isn't worth upgrading your comp because it has a 900 MHz Celeron. My old comp from 1999 had a 700 MHz Celeron and it was very crappy. You also only have 128 MB of RAM ... which would be a problem and it is most likely slow RAM. That graphics card won't run any game within the past 2 -3 years because i had a Geforce 5200 before and I'm pretty sure that it was even better than an MX440. My 5200 would play CoD 2, minimum settings, Direct X 7 shaders and 1280 x 1024 at like 15 FPS with 1 GB of RAM and a 3.0 GHz Processor (upgraded my graphics card soon after to x850 XT PE). If you want to play Halo, it could hardly play that on low settings as well. Unless you want to play original Doom or Wolfenstein 3D ... I suggest just waiting until you can buy a whole new computer because it is just too out of date to upgrade.

*I have a motherboard already, but still need a mobo* ;)

*My Hard Drive is alright, but I still need a HDD* :rofl:

6. Sord

Sord Well-Known Member

^^what are the HDD and MOBO things you posted, in the next year or two im goning to upgrade alot so my cp will edventully be completely costom

7. Sord

Sord Well-Known Member

i bought My gforce mx 4000 at a local hardware store, but i was board and i was looking online and i noticed a Gfore mx 5200 for $2 cheaper and for the same amount i could have bought a 6500, but if i take mine back i get store credit, i hated my self while writing this post then i noticed half the money i spent on my gfx card was store credit anyway so i wouldn't have enough money to buy the new one if i wouldnt have bought the 4000

8. AKW

AKW Senior Member

ROFL!. . . OWNED!!!!!!!! Did you not get that? Anyways....

Anything about a new PSU or any stats in that area (no, I did not read every page in this thread)?

9. WFCxT-time

WFCxT-time Well-Known Member

Mobo = Motherboard ... HDD = Hard Disk Drive (aka Hard Drive) ... all those cards you mentioned ... 4000 MX, 5200 FX or 6500 ... will hardly run any games at minimum or low settings.

10. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

sord, here is some advice. unless you have more than 15$ to spend, the upgrtae isn't worth it.

that card is about 5% as powerful as my 7800GTX, I hope it only cost 15$ because if it didn't your ass was ripped off.

128mb of ram doesn't cut it. any system using that little ram, even a linux based system(friend had me temporarily install linux on a system with a broken windows install) yuou need atleast 512mb of ram, 1GB pref. you ncan find half a gig for as little as 35$ for a decent strip

a 900 mhz celeron 1.1 does not cut it. that's compareable to a 1000mhz P4. people are getting PXEs to break 4.0 ghz, so to put it in retrospect, your processor isn't even 1/10 of a modern proc. it lacks SSE, 3dnow, SSE2 and 3, AMD64/EMT64, that makes it even crappier, good luck running windows XP.

sord, most crappy looking cases are crap, the case you chose looks liek ----.

I honestly swear, you would have been better off buying nthe 100$ special at Fry's tossing in an x800GTO, adding a half gig of ram and perhaps a new PSU and being happy. There are some caseswhere updating a PC is a lost cause. a 6 year old, LOW-END PC is a perfect example of such

EDIT:
    I have testicles, I need balls... HAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry thought came up. Dude do some more research before spending money, or atleast ask. I know a lot and I'm not embarased to ask or anything, better to be told your wrong and get the better product for the money than to feal right.

anyway, look forward to COD2 at 200*150 and low settings.

11. Sord

Sord Well-Known Member

I know all the short terms for parts

12. AKW

AKW Senior Member

ok ok... go back and look really hard at what we are talking about upgrading and just tell him to throw it away and start over. We are talking about putting an e-machine into another case and upgrading it... it is useless... I am sorry m8

13. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

as many have been saying, this is what you need to do, throw everything away, it's all crap and don't bother.

14. AKW

AKW Senior Member

Yeah, I didn't see what it was at first but now, E-Machine. Wow, OKAY! LOL Put some money into something else... I pooper scooper is better than that. Rig one up for your yard... an auto pooper scooper... something that is.... okay.. I am random... that's all... this topic is useless.

15. Sord

Sord Well-Known Member

I have more ram i just typed what it says i have like 526 mb or somehing of ram