My First Ever Portfolio Design!

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by AG Birdman, Sep 1, 2007.

1. AG Birdman

AG Birdman Senior Member

This is the first web template Ive ever done. So ya... it sucks. But how is it for a first try?
    i was thinking of making the recent images on the side scroll up and down. The images will scroll also, that is why spongebob is in half. Also, a rollover on the buttons on the top.

These are resized due to photobucket:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Quagmire

Quagmire Well-Known Member

a little to plain, a little too black, its a bit boring to look at, and im not liking the reflections on almost all the text

3. iPro

iPro Senior Member

Some tips to spruce it up:
    - Make the text either white, or a high tech silver, and for a bit of a graphic touch, brush it with the "glamor X" brush, heres an example or what I mean;
    http://lee.97montrose.org/images/bling.jpg
    - This seems to be a nice slick layout, try adding some ice blue into it, it would be a nice touch.
    - The "Recent Images" content area seems very empty, I would suggest removing the reflections and having two images a row, and about 4-5 a column.
    - For the contact section (that is if you'll be coding it, if you won't be coding, you can skip this one) you should add a contact script instead of just a MSN address, an example would be;
    http://www.tillys.com/tillys/contact.aspx

Those are just my thoughts. But for a first, I really do have to say, amazing. Its just lacking a little color, and the flashy edge.

4. krekas

krekas Active Member

It's a bit boring and it's to dark