My Dialer Has A Virus

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hym, May 9, 2006.

1. Hym

Hym Well-Known Member

Okay well my dialer on my computer at home got a trojan hourse, so I can't get on the internet at home. So, I need to know where I can get a new dialer to instal. Seriously, this really sucks at home without internet. And I haven't got a phone or anything else. So this is something I kinda need fast.

The dialer instructions for instalation were www.new.net

First off, when I got on to my computer it said that the system couldn't locate NEWDOT.DLL so it couldn't run the net. So I need some help. Please.

Merged Post:

Hey, this is really urgent, can someone please help me? Yeah thanks.

2. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

To remove New.net safely from your computer you should remove it from Add Remove programs in the Control Panel. If accidentally you deleted any of its file and you are not able to connect to the internet try repairing Winsock. A software that does that is available for download at Top 10 freeware section. You can also visit NewDotNet website for instructions to remove NewDotNet safely from your computer.

C:\PROGRA ~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~1.DLL error at start up

If the above methods fail and you still get an error message during start up which looks similar to this one :"C:\PROGRA ~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~1.DLL error" try to remove the New.Net from your computer start up by following the instructions explained in this link:

http://www.wintipz.com/XP/StartUpPrograms.htm

3. Hym

Hym Well-Known Member

Thanks man, but if I remove newdotnet how am I supposed to connect to the internet? I need to get another dialer, I would assume. If not, then I am confused as to how I am supposed to connect to the internet without the primary dialer. I'm pretty sure it's default.

Thanks for the help though, -rep. And if you can help some more, then I'll give credits.

4. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

Hmm..I dont understand these things..soo..sry :P good luck tho, BUMP

5. Hym

Hym Well-Known Member

haha, at least you tried helping.

I figured out how to clean the virus, but still nothing yet. Now, my cable/internet has been shut off so it's usesless to do anything now.

6. Hym

Hym Well-Known Member

I gotta bump this one more time. ;)