!my Computer Keeps Restarting!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by handheldsquirl, Jul 29, 2005.

1. MajorGFX

MajorGFX Well-Known Member

What will safe mode do? It will pb work if it is not a hardware problem, when your comp is run up stick your finger on the heat sink of the CPU cooler, if its ultra hot then get a new fan/heatsink.

I can upload an Unatended XP that i have if you want another copy.

2. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

put the OS disk back in the drive. Do like you are formatting except when you get too the part to install fresh or repair(not the first repair,the second option to repair,just before you format) repair windows. It will go like its installng again. I sometimes have trouble whne re-installing windows(not many, but happens) and this always fixes it for me.

Hope it helps you too.

3. handheldsquirl

handheldsquirl Well-Known Member

Safe Mode works but about the only thing that I can do is go to controll pannel.and I found out that my hard drive doesnt make a clicking sound.

4. Abet

Abet Senior Member

Didn't u just state in a previous post that you have the blasterworm virus...you need to remove that or no matter what you do it will keep on restarting once u boot up to the internet or try to or can be one...if u have norton or a virus scanner...run it

5. tariq

tariq Well-Known Member

ok I had this exact same problem, kept restarting and getting a blue screen, I suggest hoovering inside your comp, but make sure you know what your doing or you could damage something, I did this and I havent had a restart since. The dust is probably the problem

6. fuse

fuse Well-Known Member

I've had this problem before..

Just go into safe mode, do a system restore, and check for viruses when it's done. :\

7. handheldsquirl

handheldsquirl Well-Known Member

Well yes I pretty much know what I am doing and if I dont I ask my dad because he builds computer but I dont live with him so I was going to tryto figure it out without his help my brother built my comp for me and he thinks he knows what he is doing but im afraid he is going to screw it up but any way I was telling my brother what you (teriq) post and he was wondering what hovering inside my computer means I would also like to know what that means.Thanx handheldsquirl

8. Keiver

Keiver Well-Known Member

Yes, it means that your Harddrive is dead. You need a new one.

9. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

it's what is happening to my crappy computer as well... i know for sure the hardrive is shot and the processor is fried. it's running at 150 Degrees F... new hardrive...problem solved

10. EX0S

EX0S Well-Known Member

Dude.. i know why its doing this. Hackers can write scripts for your computer to do things. You must have dopwnload the script and ran it and now your computer keeps restarting.

11. Fatal-aroma

Fatal-aroma Active Member

Let's see your computer specifications, it may be a hardware problem, but possibly not overheating. The power supply may not be strong enough for the parts you are using. It's either this or heat, usually that's the problem for BSOD's and restarts.