!my Computer Keeps Restarting!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by handheldsquirl, Jul 29, 2005.

1. handheldsquirl

handheldsquirl Well-Known Member

I reformatted my computer I did everything right but right after installing windows xp it says something about Windows not starting seccsess fully and it givs me a couple choices as Safe Mode,Safe Mode with Networking,Safe Mode with command Prompt,Last known good configuration,or Start Windows Normaly.I hit Start windows normally after that it has the loading picture thing with the bar at the bottom showing that it is loading and after it loads it flashes a blue screen for like a half a second and then just Restarts
    I also have reinstalled windows 3 times already clarifying that I installed it right.Does anyone know how I could fix it???

2. handheldsquirl

For the first person If you tell me how to do it and what ever you said works before I fix it I will giv u 10 credits.

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Same problem happened with my computer not to long ago. It turned out... my hard drive is shot. I need to get a new one. So, I'm gonna guess that your hard drive is shot, and you need to get a new one too.

4. handheldsquirl

R u shure I was thinking there was a problem with the way I installed windows but I have no idea. :( :( :( :(

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I am PRETTY sure. It's kind of hard to not install windows correctly, since most of it is done automatically.

6. cochise

cochise Well-Known Member

it could be a lot of things...a bad hd is one of them....another problem may be that your fans arent working which makes your comp overheat...when you comp gets overheated it shuts down....are your fans turning on?

are you on a desktop or a laptop

7. handheldsquirl

Desktop and yes my fans are working correctly ill talk to a couple people in my family and if they cant get it working ill just go buy a new hard drive from newegg.I have kinda been thinking about getting a new one since my current one is only 40 gigs thats funny I upgraded almost everything for my comp except the hard drive.

8. Korcy

Korcy Senior Member

Question, is the Harddribe making a "clicking" noice and then turning off??

If so then your Harddrive is getting old, which means you need to buy a new one.

9. handheldsquirl

No my hard drive is not makeing a clicking sound.Well actully to tell you the truth im not really sure ill check it in the morning

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

My hard drive makes a clicking noise. Actually it makes it 2x then tells me it can't load the OS.

11. SuPa FlY

SuPa FlY Well-Known Member

Another idea might be that you have a virus sitting somewhere on you're harddrive, well thats if you have it partitioned.

12. handheldsquirl

I deleted the partition and created another one.

13. handheldsquirl

Man I feel naked without a sig under my name. :( And I dont want to buy one because that will just make me feel lazy. :rolleyes:

14. SuPa FlY

SuPa FlY Well-Known Member

ah another thing I had once when restarting my comp is that the blast virus kept on, because I didnt get enough time to update windows with the secruity update. So what you should do is download the fix, then boot you're computer on safe mode, as the virus only works when the net is active i find. so run the fix in safe mode and see if that helps you.

15. handheldsquirl

Ill try safe mode tomarrow hopefully it works.