Music //

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thorster, Aug 5, 2006.

1. `Kakashi

`Kakashi Banned from GR

k i listen to alot of black metal and emo music, but do i go out, cut my wrists, priase satan, and think about killing myself? hellz no. im normal, ok, maybe a little goth since i usually wear black and camo, but i dont do any of the ---- that they explain in songs. and yes, i do listen to songs with a deep meaning, even some rap

sing for the moment by eminem illustrates this discussion very well

2. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

You don't go out? Then you are a vampire!!!!

;D Just kidding/

3. beatsta

beatsta Well-Known Member

There's a few rappers that are 'wannabe hard gangsters' but there are also alot of rappers that aren't.

4. Sexiom_____SPAM

Sexiom_____SPAM Well-Known Member

I hate those at school that listens to rap, then go hanging out with those wigga-caps when its raining etc...

5. Nitsuj

Nitsuj Senior Member

Well heres how I see it...
    Dont judge all rap off of a few artists, listen to Kanye, Lupe Fiasco, and Outkast. Those are the real rappers. 50 Cent just sucks. Every one of his songs is either about a woman or about how he was shot 9 times. To bad he didnt die. Eminem. He was very good... than he got "Crazy (ah ha ha ha)" Truthfully, yes, I "act black" because I wear Tall Tees, Fitted hats, and long pants. Does that make me worse than one of my friends who wheres the funny T-Shirt like "It's all fun and games until someone loses a nut" and pants from JC Penny. No. Not at all. Where I go to school the population is about 48% White, 47% black, 2% Mexican, and 1% as other mixed races. I hang out with alot of black people too. 1 of my best friends is black but he gets good grades. 1 of my best friends is Mexican. 1 of my best friends is white.

6. .bcn

.bcn Well-Known Member

Only rap i listen to.

Just listen to what ever floats your boat, hell I'm all over from Immortal Technique to Radiohead, RUN DMC to Protest the Hero, Kanye West to Bright Eyes. Cake to Death Cab, who really cares.

7. INd393Nd3NT

INd393Nd3NT Well-Known Member

music can be taken many different ways

im going to start this off

but emo is dead

if you want to steryotype me you can call me emo or even a prep in some cases i ware it all

but music can have a positive effect on people, emo was made back up in the 90's to cheer the sad kids up from the sad kids because they felt like the others knew how it felt and not everyone said "life sucks" once again steryotypes. but lets see, screamo everyone when they hear says thats satan music, but to be honest bands like underOATH are Christian and very nice guys (i've met them before) so just because it sounds different people judge automaticaly that its bad music. Rap im not a fan of but i have white friends who honestly think they are hella ghetto, and they arent. we live in the most white collar part of minnesota its sad.

music is taken differently by everyone
    it plays with emotions in good and bad ways
    we just have to learn to deal with it