Music //

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thorster, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Bio_Evolution

Bio_Evolution Well-Known Member

Sorry, but everyone here is speaking from a biased stand point. Rap for one isn't all about "Bust a cap in you" Try listening to Kanye West, songs like "Diamonds, Jesus Walks, Roses, Gone, and Touch The Sky." I listen to rap that makes sence. Lupe Fiasco is another example. Nas, although he is considered somewhat of a gangster rapper made some influential tracks, as well as tupac did "Changes, Keep Your Head Up" and many others.
    I guarantee you if you would become a music artist you would say what's on your mind. Why would a rapper shield himself from people like yourselves just because you think what he says is bad. There are just as many people who like it.
    You know, I'm just flipping out right now because I HATE these threads. Let people listen to what they want. I don't make fun of guys who wear make up and pants so tight my sister wouldn't wear them or wear nothign but black and it's 100 degrees out there.
    Also, in my school I don't know one black kid who smokes, yet on my buss just today there were three goth kids with cigarets behind their ears. Did I and do I care? NO, you can't change a person and no matter what i would have told him wouldn't change him.
    Accept music, accept diversity, accept change, if you can't live with the fact that you can't change people and mold people to your liking you will never prosper in todays society. Because no matter what you grow up doing you will have to communicate with all types of people. It's a big world and you're only a small part of it. Be glad you have music and diversity because in some countries music is nothing more than a stick and drum made of sheep skin and wood. Appreciate the diversity that surrounds you. If everyone was the same I guarantee you'd be striving to become different.

2. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

^^Agreed actually, to each their own. I don't mind it when someone tells me that the music I listen to is crap, but I do mind it when they tell me I should start listening to this&that instead.

3. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

:shaggy:
    *agrees*

4. `Kakashi

`Kakashi Banned from GR

and rap still sucks

5. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

6. SuperiorAssassin

SuperiorAssassin Well-Known Member

^^ Another DragonForce FAN!!! I have to reply to that. DragonForce is a combo of Speed Metal, Hair Bands, the most insanly fast riffs, a good singer, and songs that really mean something. I have listed to them since the England release of Sonic Firestorm in 2004, and I have tickets to see them in Pennsylvania this month.

7. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

oh man you lucky!

8. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

if somebody really lets music get to them on the level of suicide, then they cant be that smart.

9. Dencity

Dencity Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with Bio Evolution, and I recommend if your gonna read any post in this topic read his.

10. Evans

Evans Member

Well everybody likes all kinds of music and it really affects the poele in many ways for exmple people depending on the music the listen wear diferent kinds of clothes act to diferent situations in many diferent ways. but to the point of killing someone that is insanity!!

11. Chilled

Chilled Senior Member

it is annoying alot of music i hear on the radio is about people getting their ---- on or shooting someone for rap(mainstream). and there is a certain type of rock which im not even going to try and look for but it does say stuff like "IM GONNA SLIT MY WRISTS RIGHT NOW AHHH!!! SHES DEAD, SHES DEAD BURN BITCH BURN!!!" and its a whole genre under rock but i dont know what its called. however the majority of rock dosnt.

12. Moch+

Moch+ Well-Known Member

I don't know maybe you missed my post but I sure as hell don't think it was bias.

13. YoungGunna22

YoungGunna22 Well-Known Member

no they just tell there life if there "REAL" unlike wack joc,DFB,D4L n a few othas

14. SolarHavok

SolarHavok Well-Known Member

I seriously think hit depends on the maturity of the listener in question. Also, the parents that let them listen to it. I have nothing against the artists and their styles. I, myself, listen to heavy death metal stuff, but I'm fairly mature enough not to let it effect me in a major way. My other friends can't really handle it, to be honest. So yeah, conclusion, depends on the listener's maturity ._.

15. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

All I can say is Rap turned my town (rich californian town) into a "ghetto" town...even though it's just a bunch of white kids who think they are ghetto.

I have no respect for anyone around here anymore because they think it's fine to treat girls like hookers and smack them around, and it pisses me off.

As for rock, I listen to a ton of it and I've never thought about suicide.