Music Talk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DemsLover, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Hass

Hass Well-Known Member

everyone has their own opinions on music
    me= i say there are some good aspects of rock but i dont like most of it and rap with me is the same thing

i grew up listening to rock but i turned to hiphop one day and now i only listen to hiphop but i can listen to rock whenever i want

people who think rap is crap they grew up listening to rock straight but it doesnt give them the right to say that rap is crap
    i have the right to say commercial rap is crap its just commerical abbreviated the reason i can say it cause i've done my research and i been listening to it for a while..

music is music there is no need to fight over it

2. Leirsgrios

Leirsgrios Well-Known Member

Meh, if I could think of more stuff that I listen too off the top of my head i'd add it. Now i'm off to explain these genre's too you. I'll even add some genre's if more come.

Merged Post:

ou know EBM? You know Darkwave? Do you know true funk? Do you know Electro-gothic, electro-industrial, or just plain electronica, do you know the difference between trance and electro? Do you know what gothic music sounds like? No...evanescence isn't gothic. Do you know Death-rock, death-industrial? Do you know industrial? No, the new NIN isn't industrial. His old yes, his new no. Do you know house music? Do you know country blues? Do you know jazz? Do you know synthpop, electropop, modernpop, futurepop, or even britpop? You know eurobeat? D

EBM - Electronic Body Music. In short this is dance music for angry boys. Industrial dance music. Industrial trance, its mean, and impersonal.

ex. Front 242, Assemblage 23, Front Line Assembly, And One

Coldwave - Really pissed off music. Darkwave to the extreme. Darkwave is goth music turned up a notch. A form of techno music.

ex. Die Krupps, Cubanate...only ones I can think of that I know.

Futurepop - Driving synth music, sounds very much like your trance music but with lyrics from the dark, harsh industrial scene.

ex. Icon of Coil, VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, Decoded Feedback, Melotron, Covenant, Aghast View, Neurotic Fish. <--my favs.

Darkwave - Industrial goth music...hard to explain. Its like...amplified traima on a whole new level. They make evanescance talking about stupid insignifican crap sound like pillow talk.

ex. Deine Lakaien, Clan of Xymox, Switchblade Symphony, Cruxshadows, Cocteau Twins.

Experimental Music - Seeing how industrial is pretty much experimental music, to be classified experimental means to be experimental experimantal.....can't really explain this one. Each ones different...its an experiment.

ex. Gridlock, HMB

Industrial - pretty much any abrasive form of music. Fairly wide genre...starter of it would be a band called Throbbing Gristle. When it first started its what some people would now consider experimental. Industrial now known in todays society is industrial rock...

ex. Einsturzende neubauten, throbbing gristle, laibach.

Industrial Rock- The industrial we all know and love! The commercial side of industrial music. Pretty close to Coldwave but it sounds more popish...

ex. Nine Inch Nails. Ministry, KMFDM, Rammstein, Sister Machine Gun.

Darksynth - a cross gloomy, morbid, romanticism and abrasive, raw anger mixed into something...synthish.

ex. Beborn Beton, Wolfsheim, Skinny Puppy, Cabaret Voltaire

Electronica - Electronic music that was more acceptable at one time over trance which many people dubbed "gay". It started the whole Raver scene with people dancing to this while getting high on stuff.

ex. Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, The Prodigy, Cirrus

Electro - This genre is kinda funny, its true form was started by a band back in the 70's called Kraftwerk. All I can say its pretty much the hip hop of today without rappers.

ex. Kraftwerk, freestyle, Mantronix

Synthpop
    - It sounds alot like moises you'd hear from a video game, uses synths to make a popish happy kinda of sound. Postal-Service....should be categorized into this. At least thats what I put it in.

ex. Ladytron, Postal Service, Freezepop, Fischerspooner, Adult.

Gah...i'm boring myself. I'm gonna stop now. I may continue on in the future...

3. Influx

Influx Well-Known Member

words of wisdom

4. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    Leirs has too much time on his hands.

<3

5. Leirsgrios

You know it!

[​IMG]

6. DemsLover

DemsLover Senior Member

nice list, much respect for the effort :)

experimental is one of my favs on that list, unpredictible, there are some classic ways of making experimental but thats notmally for experimental orchestras, the scene has chenged more to the heavy side these days.

i didnt decide what people should listen too, to quote yourself
    "music is about opinion" they were my 2 cents.

7. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Leirsgrios

9. DemsLover

DemsLover Senior Member

huh whats that post about?

10. Pat

Pat Senior Member

jay, since you've been owned a few times already, I only have one thing to say.

IF YOU DON'T WANT US PUTTING DOWN RAP AND EMO MUSIC, SHUT THE HELL UP TELLING US OUR BANDS SUCK.

11. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Go Pat *dances*

12. AmericanWasteland

AmericanWasteland Well-Known Member

nirvana rules!!

13. `c r e a m

`c r e a m Well-Known Member

omg i love music............i am really into all these new british bands.......even tho bands loke fall out boy.....slipknot......iron maiden still rock

\m/ \m/

14. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

W00t.
    Im going to a fallout boy concert in...2 months :D

15. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

i like rap, nothing mainstream though