Mri Results And Surgery Date

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gothic Surge, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Gothic Surge

Gothic Surge Well-Known Member

Well the results are in from my MRI.

I have a torn MCL and a separated ACL. Your MCL on the right knee is on the left side of your knee running up and down the side. ACL holds your two bones together between your knee.

Well this is how its going to work out for me till surgery. I have to go to the trainers 3 times a day so i can have physical Therapy to rebuild my leg strength before surgery. This will help make the recovering go by faster. Morning i have to go and do 30 minutes of bicycle and 20 minutes of leg strecths and exercises. Then come by durning lunch and do just the leg srecthes. After school during football practice i do 30 minutes again on the bike and leg strecths and exercises.

Anywayz i will be doing all this till Dec. 8 when i have my surgery. Now as we speak my dad is trying to convince the Doctor's office to move the schedule to a closer date. But it doesn't look good. :(

Thanks for all the support from all my Great friends on GR and i will fill you in on more when i find out more on my knee.

-Blaze

2. Squirrel™

Squirrel™ Well-Known Member

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. ;( Please do keep us updated if you can. I hope all goes well.

EDIT: Sorry, BFTP forced me to remove your quote from my sig. ^_^

3. Longhorns

Longhorns Well-Known Member

That's a lot of therapy. I've had therapy before, but none that big. Hope you make a good recovery.

4. Gothic Surge

I kinda figured that happened but i will ...this physical Therapy is a :censored: !!

I constantly have to work on it becuase they keep telling me if i don't get my strenght back then i'll have a perment limp in my walk. I don't want that and i still want to try and walk on a college football team. Probably Division 3 my Division 2 chances got shot

5. AgileLemon

AgileLemon Senior Member

sucks for u dude :D lol good luck.

6. Squirrel™

Squirrel™ Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about "Divisions", but think of it this way: If you want to play college football, you probably want to work out as much as you can now, so you don't have a limp or anything like that later on. I'd actually do more leg excersizes than the doctors tell you to do, but that's just me. ;) Anyhow, GET WELL SOON! :)

7. GuardianAngel™

GuardianAngel™ Member

VEry sorry to hear about your illness. What happened to you actually? was that an accident? I'll be praying for your recovery.

What do MCL and ACL stand for? are these some kind of ligaments?

My best wishes for you.

Greetz

8. Gothic Surge

Ya they connect everything in your knee...happened in a football game i tried cutting and avoiding getting tackled and my knee went the other way and i got hit.... and since we have a turf field my foot didn't move so my knee went back kinda a 180 degree away from were it should go...if you can picture that

9. KiwiFlavor

KiwiFlavor Well-Known Member

wow man good luck for this :)

10. Meca Styles

Meca Styles Well-Known Member

Good luck bro, surgery blows -_-

what happened that made you tear it?

11. Gothic Surge

The turf on the our field doesn't give at all ...so in other words your foot sticks when you go to cut. Well i planted to cut and try and avoid the safety becuase all i had to do was avoid him and i was TD. But when i put my foot down he hit me just when i did that and besides falling back and my foot just going with me the turf caught it and my leg stayed while i fell back ...so my knee popped....and my ACL snapped inhalf and my MCL tore

12. Reflex*

Reflex* Well-Known Member

no!!!!!make them do an early day for ur surgery so ull be better faster

13. Gothic Surge

Well if i get it done in the next 2 weeks i can probably be back for spring sports thats if i can get the surgery done really soon if not June will be the closes date i'll be back into doing anything and thats to late Senior year is over!