Most Overrated Hardcore/metal Black Metal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .rain, Oct 9, 2005.

1. sandergfx

sandergfx Well-Known Member

most overrated bands are slipknot (as said before) and dimmu borgir
    they are fake and commercial, im dont like bands that are that (lol?) kinda make sense right ? :P hmmz yea

but thats just my opinion ^^ im sure there are ppl who like them etc

2. MaynardsTOOL

MaynardsTOOL Well-Known Member

That point is flawed, extremely. Slipknot is famous because they USED to be good, and they gathered a good following. They signed to a large-name record label, that is famous for selling out most of their artists. Roadrunner is the only reason Slipknot is popular today. They have sold out- you can even admit that. When a band tries to sue a Fast Food Restaurant company because they made a FAKE band that had masks- they're ----ing desperate, and selfish. Slipknot is popular because of their image, and that's pretty much it. Their music has become increasingly generic over the past 3 years, and 2 albums they produced.

Saying that a band that isn't as popular as Slipknot makes them 'no good' is a horrible comparison. I know many many bands that have twice the talent and half the members of Slipknot- and they aren't even signed- some of them who choose not to join large record labels. For that matter, there's also many other bands that are signed to low-level record companies that spank the ---- out of Slipknot when it comes to musical talent. I think you might want to reconsider your mindset on that theory, because it is very false.

Better luck next time.

3. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

let me get this right.. i make a topic about best rapper and it gets closed right and someone makes a thread bout this and em still open?

hey guy i have nothing against your music so dont rep+ i just wanna kno my or other ppls threads were closed?

4. Sociapath

Sociapath Well-Known Member

That point is flawed, extremely. Slipknot is famous because they USED to be good, and they gathered a good following. They signed to a large-name record label, that is famous for selling out most of their artists. Roadrunner is the only reason Slipknot is popular today. They have sold out- you can even admit that. When a band tries to sue a Fast Food Restaurant company because they made a FAKE band that had masks- they're ----ing desperate, and selfish. Slipknot is popular because of their image, and that's pretty much it. Their music has become increasingly generic over the past 3 years, and 2 albums they produced.

Saying that a band that isn't as popular as Slipknot makes them 'no good' is a horrible comparison. I know many many bands that have twice the talent and half the members of Slipknot- and they aren't even signed- some of them who choose not to join large record labels. For that matter, there's also many other bands that are signed to low-level record companies that spank the ---- out of Slipknot when it comes to musical talent. I think you might want to reconsider your mindset on that theory, because it is very false.

Better luck next time. [/b][/quote]
    Good, you did your homework

and thats the type of arguments i want to hear.

And i cant deny you are right, because you are...But i just wanted to make a point against people that scream "----ing poser arses" and ---- like that.

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

As soon as I read the title, Slipknot popped into my mind. Then I looked through the topic and many other people had the same oppinion lol.

6. brick

brick Well-Known Member

most overrated metal? slipknot, gauranteed