Monitor/display Issue... Localized Blurring

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Daecu, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Daecu

Daecu Senior Member

running windows xp sp2
    nvidia 7800 gtx graphics card
    monitor is an Aoc 17" (LCD)

all cables seem fine atm, and i've tried messing around in the menu for the monitor, as well as adjusting settings on the nvidia control panel, but in the end it was only making it worse (occaisonally it tries to auto adjust and the whole screen was blurred) the Focus option in the menu doesnt help much, i can focus like text, but then images are still off, and vice versa. If anyone has any ideas other than 'new monitor' i'd GREATLY appreciate it / love u long time. right now the majority of my screen is sharp except this one like inch wide section, approximately 4-5 inches in from the right side. dunno what else to try :(

2. homeboy9

homeboy9 Senior Member

if your video card has multiple ports on the video card, try moving it to the other...otherwise you might have to send in the monitor to be fixed(if its still under warrantee)

3. ihatebeans

ihatebeans Senior Member

Take a detailed pic for us.

Hard to diagnose without actually seeing it.

4. Bleak

Bleak Well-Known Member

Are you running your resolution at its max native?
    For instance if I run anything that isn't widescreen or isn't 1440x900, I get a blurry picture.

I would think 17 would be around 1280x1024 for fullscreen or 1280x960.
    (Make sure your graphics card is either up to date or supports the certain resolution you want)

Do you have any other monitors in your house that you could throw on your PC to see if maybe its the monitor or computer?

5. Daecu

Daecu Senior Member

1280x1024 is correct for my max resolution, i'll try taking a picture but I don't know how good it will turn out... I'll check with my friend if i can borrow his monitor tomorrow and try to plug it in. I'm at class now though so I'll have to try these things when I get home, thanks for the advice all