Mobo Help Please!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mirage., Oct 4, 2006.

1. Mirage.

Mirage. Well-Known Member

I need a mobo for my Core 2 Duo E6600.
    -Not doing SLI but will be getting G8 NVIDIA series when it comes out (WILL THICK GFX CARDS FIT IN THE SUGGESTED MOBOS?)
    -1 HDD
    -Needs to be able to hold 2 mem. sticks
    -E6600 so 775 socket i thnk?
    -I will be putting in Ethernet card
    - What more specs do you need? Please tell me.

Thank you. :)

2. [Skyline.

[Skyline. Senior Member

www.newegg.com

It has a menu to narrow it down. Narrow it down to compatible with Core 2 Duo.

3. Mirage.

Mirage. Well-Known Member

Yea...well there are tons of options for mobo. I'll be more specific then...WHICH MOBOS DO YOU SUGGEST? :)

4. Blooper008

Blooper008 Well-Known Member

A motherboard with a intel 975x are better with a E6600 and higher, aim for the MSI one, here
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813130051
    There's no need to put in your network card because it already has a intergrated card, and yes those cards will fit in. And if possible pick an ATi card because it's crossfire capeable.

5. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

what is your price raange and do you plan to OC?

gigabyte DS3 is a good clocker for 150$

ASUS p5w HD dlx is a good 975X board.(has SLI/CF capacity)

ABIT AW9D is also a good candidate and somewhat cheaper, won't max at same OC, but will probably be able to get a e6600 to 3.60GHz

and don't limit yourself to just g80, check realworld r600 performance too, how do you know that ATI's next gen won't kill nvidia's offering - or atleast make them cheaper?

if you do want to OC, but only moderately and desire long term system life on air, try DFI INFINITY 975x/g, they won't break out insane FSB, but they will get an e6400 to x6800 levels with ease using the 830 BIOS and a e6600 to 3.3GHz or a bit higher, MSI powernow can get maybe 10% higher FSBs though.

also, don't rule out the e6400, it is the highest binned allendale so it will run at higher clocks with lower volts, and the higher FSB needed to reach a given clock will to a point minimize the l2 cache diferenec(unless of course you go into the 1333 strap to do so, but most' boards only do that past 400fsb or so)

6. EvilTape

EvilTape Well-Known Member

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813128012

I agree. I'm already in the process of buying that one... :) Fell in price a few days ago, I think.

7. Stealth09

Stealth09 Well-Known Member

You should find it yourself, and cross-check that it works with every bit of hardware. Make sure your power supply is the same voltage, ect.