Missing you

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by Ic3, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Ic3

Ic3 New Member

Not sure about this one

Attached Files:

2. IAmTryingToBreakYourHeart

IAmTryingToBreakYourHeart Member

I'd drop the bold on the subtext and warp it so that it's a little taller than it is right now. The render appears a little pasted on, try to get some interaction between the render and the background. An easy way to do this is that cheesy spatter the render into the background effect that I can't remember how to do for the life of me. The whole thing looks a little washed out, as well. Try to find elements to "bring out" in the background, then connect those to your render. Replace and rework the text, and you'll be on your way to a seriously awesome signature.

3. Strykor

Strykor Well-Known Member

+1, just do it like that. I know the kind of effect you wanted to achieve mate. But you miss some nice abstract C4Ds for this. In a plain signature like that you cannot use a bold text. It stands more out than the render imho.

YES!
    And you know why? Look at it. I mean the colors are kinda okay. The backgorund has the same colors as the render, it fits. There should be no problem.
    In short, you look at the LIGHTING!, the DEPTH and the COLORS, when you finished your signature. And the you try to find out what to do to make it look better.
    And here it is the Depth and the Lighting.

Lets see the lighting.
    Have a look at the render itself. The face is pretty dark, the back is pretty lightened up. That tells you that the light should come from the middle right side, since the left side of her face is still enlightened.
    This is why it is just displaced. I mean, it does not look natural. That is the first thing jumping in your mind.
    Now lets go for the depth. In short, the background is 2D, the render is 3D. The thunderbolts are more sharpen than the render. Well, you should get the prob.
    You might wonder how to achieve some depth. The thing I like to do is placing something over the one shoulder and behind the other so that it gives some kind of 3-ground-effect.
    So in short:
    Colors are fine
    Sharpen the render
    Blur the background
    Work on the depth
    Set your lighting right
    Rework the Text
    And maybe let us see the whole head of that nice lady, gives a little strange atmosphere there. ;)