Mice & Keyboards

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gav, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Gav

Gav Well-Known Member

Being a hardcore FPS gamer my mouse and keyboard are very important to my setup, and mine are packing in. So I need to get new ones, but the products have changed alot over the past 2 years so I have no idead about the market

At the moment I have a Razer Diamondback and a Saitek Eclipse. Both wonderful, but the keyboard tends to get dirty very easily.

I'm looking for a wired Razer mouse and a very thin keyboard (almost like a laptop), so please give me suggestions.

2. retal

retal Senior Member

Get the Longitech MX518. It is a gaming mice and since your a big FPS gamer, you should get it.
    I dont know if it meets your conditions though since I dont know the exact details on the mice >.>

Its about $49.99-$79.99 in retail stores ( i think, maybe more, maybe less) HOWEVER, you can get it on www.newegg.com for just $39.99 (last time I checked).

Dont know much about about keyboards but the MX518 is a sweet gaming mouse (so I've heard from others)

3. Snowy

Snowy Well-Known Member

The Fatal1ty Keyboard is suppose to be pretty good. The Enermax Aurora is also suppose to be pretty spiffy. As far as Razer mice, I've never liked the button placement on them. I have a Logitech MX518. Had it for a while now, it's a great gaming mouse. Don't fall for the More DPI = Improve your skills. It's what you do with the mouse, not necessarily its features.

4. tombom_52

tombom_52 Well-Known Member

Well, I'd say the MX 518 if you like palming, or a Razer Deathadder.

Finger I would say, Razer Copperhead, or the newer Diamondback 3g's.

I have only used the 518, and the rest are based on reviews.

5. Gav

Gav Well-Known Member

I think I'll go with the creative fatal1ty keyboard and diamond back 3g. You have all said good things about the logitech but I've had 5 logitech mice, and I think razer wipes the floor with them.

6. gonezorz

gonezorz Banned from GR

If you're prepared to pay for it, the Logitech DiNovo Edge is the best keyboard I've used by far. About a centimetre thick, wireless, very comfortable springy keys (almost exacly like a laptop) and subtle lighting. It's extremely easy to clean, as it's totally flat except for the keys. Unlike most conventional wireless keyboards, i charged it overnight the day i bought it, and it's been running on that for over 2 months now.

7. LaGGeD

LaGGeD Senior Member

8. gonezorz

gonezorz Banned from GR

The Copperhead is old news. There's mice with both Higher sensitivity and better accuracy on offer from Razer now.

9. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

the two top mice are basically the MX518 and the Razer Death Adder from what I hear.

10. tombom_52

tombom_52 Well-Known Member

Yeah, The deathadder has the best tracking available.

11. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

yep with the MX518 being in second place but costing like $15-20 less.

dementia has both and swears the death adder is leagues better I have an MX518 a lot and like it myself.
    it in part depends on the person but those two are the top ones(MX5100 is also good but very hard to find and requires so registry hacking to get the best of)

12. gonezorz

gonezorz Banned from GR

I got a Razer Deathadder, but have used the Copperhead, G5/G7, MX510, VX Revolution, Diamondback and a few other smaller branded ones, and by far the Deathadder is my favourite, as it's extremely comfortable to use, and has insanely good tracking.

13. smallpau1

smallpau1 Senior Member

I have the G5 and like it but for some reason counter-strike does not recognize mouse4. And hey, you can contact Logitech and tell them your mouse broke, they'll send you a new one for free without you having to send the "broken" one.

14. dothedew

dothedew Well-Known Member