Mayan Prophecy Of 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rss4560, Nov 18, 2007.

1. .ArctiC.

.ArctiC. Well-Known Member

pfft. end of the world prophecies. hah! big deal.

the mayans are probably just screwing around with the people of modern civilization, and nostradamus might've read a bout it somewhere

2. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

Oh boy, the worlds gonna end again? I'll get the popcorn.

Nostradamus made tons of predictions, a few of them were bound to become true eventually.

3. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

Come on, is it so hard to just enjoy your time here?
    If the world ends by 2012, and you truly believe that, I'd start living my life and stop bothering with those fools who rely on LOGIC and REASON. What do they know anyway.

Why discuss stuff we already KNOW is true, when we could just spend our time partying. Let those scientist do their stuff and try to disprove us, we know better, right?

On a more serious note...

Most of these "prophecies" are based off of horrible calcuations to do with astrology. And with astrology comes scientology and UFO's and Planet X and 36 foot tall aliens being burried on Earth, George Bush being tied with ancient Kings of England, etc...

I classify these "prophecies" as complete bull.shi.t

4. BetaMerc

BetaMerc Well-Known Member

Walk in the Street, go to the sewer, go down, to t
    Well, props for you , cause you did your research and you didn't came in and just type "No I don't belive in them, bah screw them" :)

5. SomeThingCreepy

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not...

Astrology is based on the assumption that the stars play a role in our everyday lives.

Is there any proof of this based on the scientific method?

No, Astrologers have absolutely no evidence to back up their claims.

Are astrologers consistent in their predictions?

1 in 100000 at best.

Astrologers are future-tellers, telling the future is a physical impossibility.

Is astrology a science?

no, because it doesn't follow the scientific method. Astrology is a pseudo-science. LOOK IT UP IN THE DICTIONARY

Can astrology be tested?

no because there is no possible way of knowing a star can influence a certain person born on a certain time of the calendar.

There's also the fact that astrologers only use 12 zodiacal constellations... despite there being 13.

Conclusion? Astrology is complete utter baloney, it is not a science. it never was.

Astrology is based on real things. Planets are real, however planets do NOT play any role on a certain person just because he was born a Libra or a Aquarius.

Same goes for UFO sightings.

Just REASON a bit.

The premise. Super advanced aliens who are able to travel at the speed of light were stupid enough to crash on earth soil. RIGHT!

People claim to see UFOs everywhere, yet there is no solid evidence of a spacecraft hovering the skies.

People claim to have been abducted. There is absolutely no evidence that proves this. There are no body marks, no probes up their anus. NOTHING. It's all claims and claims and more claims.

I'm sure theres other species out there in our vast universe. Ridiculous conspiracy theories will get you nowhere. It's fun to pretend to be a scientist, science is cool! These people pretend to be scientist, pretend to use science to make some quick money off uneducated people.

6. BetaMerc

BetaMerc Well-Known Member

Walk in the Street, go to the sewer, go down, to t
    No I wasnt been sarcastic. I was been honest, your answer, even though i've reasearch about all of what you typed there, its all true. I can't agree w/ you more.
    He said it, 1 in a 100000000000 are real. Hands down to you man.

7. SomeThingCreepy

ahh okay then :)

8. BeatdownT

BeatdownT Well-Known Member

I had to do a research paper on this once.

Didn't do it, got an F lmao.

What ever did happen to the mayans though...

9. Sord

Sord Well-Known Member

My teacher was talkin about pseudo sciences the other day and im pretty sure astrology is a science because its just the study of stars/planets/the universe, but stuff like horoscopes(what you were talkin about, the stars affecting certain people because of when they were born) is a pseudo science. Pretty sure astrology is a regular science though

10. IonMirage

IonMirage Well-Known Member

isn't astrology the study of space and that is a legitimate science
    what you are talking about is like horoscopes which, I agree are bull

11. .ArctiC.

.ArctiC. Well-Known Member

only one place to find out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology

12. Nasuul

Nasuul Well-Known Member

Its all a question of relativity in my opinion. Life as we KNOW it may end. Thats when the world stocks of oil are predicted to run out. So imagine a world with no oil?

Life as we know it will end.

Oh btw...we DID have flying cars and robots in 2000, we still do. Just not everyone is zipping around in them, and the robots are not wiping our asses yet.

13. SomeThingCreepy

lol where did you get that kind of information (oil running out) hahaha. Sorry, but that is just a complete fabrication, just like our solar system running into a black hole or the center of the galaxy on 2012. It's just a joke. In fact, Brazil has so much oil that if the United States starts trading with them, the gas prices would drop to near $1.00 (that's a lot cheaper, meaning there's a lot more left. Plus there are oil refineries in the United States that are still working, and still will be for the next 200+ years. The process of oil has changed, for instance they actually put very compressed gas to get oil "unattached" to the rocks and then use water to pump it back up. We still have hundreds of years using that kind of technology for getting oil. Plus did you not read the news recently about finding a whole lot of oil underneath the Arctic Circle, (which Canada/Russia are debating with each other about who it belongs to).

I am still going to drive my car to and from work on 2013, I will still eat the same foods, I will still take vacations, etc... Nothing will change.

There are multiple "theories" about what will happen, for instance, some Christians believe Jesus will come down and save them. Some believe "Planet X" will pass by Earth causing the Earth to "wobble" and lose it's magnetic forces while 36 meter (or was it feet?) aliens jump from the planet onto Earth and kill everyone. Some believe the Earth and our Sun will line up with a blackhole and then be sucked into it and die. Others believe the Solar System will crash into the center of the galaxy and burn up instantly.

It's a joke on what people can be persuaded to believe. I think you should stop reading tabloids, or else more people with these type of theories will pop up.

14. Semper-Fi

Semper-Fi Well-Known Member

blah. yeah? well we have a giant magma chamber underneath Yellowstone national park and if that volcano explodes everyone on the planet is gona die so what nowwwwww =] yup. don't believe me? look it upppp :P it doesn't matter. we have no way to control these things so just stop worrying bout the stupid stuff and live ur freaking lives.

15. Nasuul

Nasuul Well-Known Member

The current oil fields are running out. Iraq, arabia, all in the middle east.

All EXISTING oil sources are reaching the limits of their yeild.

Now imagine when they dry up and un tapped oil resources in countries like brazil, and asia pacific areas are targetted for use. Think of the impact of capitilization targetting these areas. China, USA, etc gonna all look to these resources. And they will do what they can to secure them. Look at iraq. There were no WMDs guys! It was all to secure the future of the remaining oil supplies there.

There will be wars, slaughter, and chaos in the made rush to supply the world with fresh oil.

The countries with the supplies will attempt to get the most out of HAVING those supplies, and the countries without will go to any lengths necessary to obtain the supplies.

Indonesia alone has 10 soldiers for every 1 australian soldier. Australia has some of the largest, untapped sources of uranium, coal, natural gas, and oil in the world. Come the crunch time do u think indonesia will think twice about attacking australia? They murders a couple hundred thousand of their own people for fun for ------ sake...