Mass Effect - Another Winner By Bioware

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lykos, Nov 21, 2007.

1. lykos

lykos Senior Member

<div align="center">[​IMG]</div>

Done in the style of KOTOR [Times about 100]. This game takes you through a maze of story play that you the player control. You could just go gun blazing through the game but you wouldn't get the result you want or are expecting. Each of your actions has a effect on the game. You have to make hard choices example of it would be at one point you have to make a choice between killing your friend or killing a whole city of people. What will your choice be?

As a player you take control of Commander Shepard. You can take Him [or her] and do whatever you feel you need/want to do. Explore any planet even if your not doing anything on that planet at the time. This is much more then a free2roam game tho. Like I said before your actions have reactions. As a player you control every accept of the game. From being able to shot a alien in the ass to befriending them for information [and everything in between] .

You can make Shepard in what every image you want him[her] to be from male to female, from black to white. Endless possibilities await you with the character creation system.

combining Starwars , Halo , Bladerunner , and UT. Mass Effect is a must play for any 360 owner.

Xplay - 5/5
    Game Informer 9.75 of 10
    GameSpot 8.5 of 10
    GameSpy 5 of 5
    GameTrailers 9.6 of 10
    IGN 9.4 of 10
    Official Xbox Magazine 10 of 10
    Team Xbox 9.6 of 10
    VGGEN 10 of 10
    Electronic Gaming Monthly 27.5 of 30

"Ban in Singapore

The game was initially banned in Singapore according to its local newspaper The Straits Times. The reason was due to a same-sex love scenario a female character could pursue with another female alien character.This ban was eventually overturned by the same government censorship body itself. It is to carry an M18 title to prevent younger gamers from buying it." - [Source] Wiki

"Mass Effect's showing at E3 2006 was well received and resulted in the game winning several awards. These include:

* Game Critics Awards' Best Role-Playing Game
    * 1UP.com's Best of E3 2006: Best 360 Game
    * TeamXbox's Best of E3 2006: Best Xbox 360 game, Best of E3 2006: Best RPG
    * GameSpy's Best of E3 Awards 2006: Best RPG
    * Game Critics Awards' Best Console Game, and Best Role-Playing Game (E3 2007)

The game earned the following post-release awards and nominations:

Spike TV Awards

* Nominated: Game of the Year, Best RPG, Best Graphics, Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Original Score.

GameStooge Awards

* Nominated: Best Xbox 360 Game, Best Roleplaying Game, Best Music Score - Original, Best Writing.

A complete list of awards can be found at the game's official website." - [Source] Wiki

2. Link_2006

Link_2006 Well-Known Member

I didn't expect less from BioWare. After being able to make a game like KotOR for the xbox, I'd have expected 10 fold on the 360 and that's exactly what we received from them. Good job BioWare.

3. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Really not my type of game, although the aspect of landing on nearly any planet you wish too is quite appealing, the apparently poor combat system and the way it looks in between planets is reeeealllly putting me off...
    May rent.

4. Arkasuss

Arkasuss Well-Known Member

i dunno about this one, didn't really excite me much reading about it :/

like broken stated, might just be a rent sorta game :|

5. lykos

lykos Senior Member

lol I guess its aimmed more toward people who liked Kotor like me who play every possible angle of that game lol [Kotor = around 3 weeks of my life splite up into 5 hour shifts]

6. midgetgaara

midgetgaara Member

I love Mass Effect. The combat is just perfect for it, it feels like playing a FPS, but still a RPG. The story is amazing, and the boss fights are hard as hell. I'm stuck on the thorian boss right now >>

7. .ArctiC.

.ArctiC. Well-Known Member

*added to checklist*

haha banned in singapore. take that!

8. boomheadshot45

boomheadshot45 Well-Known Member

I really wanna play ME :( But I just don't have the $$$. Too many games, too little cash and time. I'll prolly be a Vanguard when I get it.

9. BeatdownT

BeatdownT Well-Known Member

I never liked RPGs but I saw a review and sorta liked it. I know for SURE I'm going to rent it.

That is, unless I buy The Orange Box tomorrow >.>

10. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Most people don't seem to realise Bioware made the greatest RPGs of the last few years. Neverwinter Nights is what I consider to be the greatest game ever made.

11. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this one, although I'm not getting it until Christmas...oh well.

12. lykos

lykos Senior Member

I know man

Jade Empire
    Kotor (1 and 2! OMG I WANTS 3)
    Neverwinter nights (as you said)

and Now Mass Effect combining Shooters + RPGS

Bioware is just so full of 'Own and Win'

13. midgetgaara

midgetgaara Member

This game isn't a renter it's a buy type of game. I don't even think you will be able to beat it, let alone do everything in the game by the time you have to return it.

14. YoRone22

YoRone22 Well-Known Member

I hated KOTOR and am in love with this game. Very very good game. A must play.

15. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member

Yeah, this game is alright kind of boring honestly and lacking some simple things. Honestly the AI blows on here as far as your teammates go. Anyhow its alright....