Major Computer Problem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Miss Shorty G, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Miss Shorty G

Miss Shorty G Well-Known Member

First let me start off by saying a few weeks ago I restarted my computer and it wouldn't boot up one night, it would get stuck on my ASUS screen id turn it back off then on and it got stuck on the screen again. So after that happened a few times (all in the time of 20 mins) I took my ipod off its dock so I could listen to it and it booted up AS SOON as I disconnected my ipod.

A few days ago, I opened up my computer to take out my UV lights (I didnt like them and I never had them turned on) I turned my computer on and being down by my case I noticed on one of my fans that a led light was blinking.. and that another fan was going verrrryyyy slow. I got up to see that my computer was stuck on a black screen normally my restart process goes ASUS screen > black> windows screen> black> user screen. It was stuck on the first black screen, so I turned it off then on and over and over again. It wouldn't boot up at all. So I grabbed my ipod off and I wasnt that lucky this time. My friend is in a computer class and he came over and got my computer and took it into his class, he told me my power supply was full of dust and that when they tested it that it blew up. Well they put a different power supply in my computer and supposely it still wouldnt boot up. They tested my hard drive on 2 computers and said it was "unresponsive".

What should I do im very very stuck. This was going to turn a year old the end of this month.

My plans are (unless you guys can help me out) to buy a new power supply, and take it to best buy and tell them to fix it because im that stuck lol

Please please please help me ;(

This is the power supply im looking at, my budget is $60 and Id really like to have the wires already wrapped up. If you have any better suggestions let me know (newegg)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817148025

If it helps any here are my comps specs
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    Sapphire Radeon X850XT PE 256MB Video Card
    300GB Seagate HD SATA
    Patriot Signature 2GB RAM
    ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
    NEC CD/DVD Burner/Drive

2. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

on another system, downlaod and burn a linux disc and then see if you can load from that. run a few stability programs and viola. basically try to isolate the issue.

might be your motherboard that's what is sounds like.