Mac Products...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AG Triumph, Feb 19, 2006.

1. AG Triumph

AG Triumph Well-Known Member

Okay, well for Christmas last year my uncle got us a mac, a powerbook g4. He gave it to my mom but since shes been away she hasnt been using it much, the computer itself is bad, but I mean i could deal with that, Until one day when i was charging my computer, the cord in the charger slightly broke open, and started SHOOTING SPARKS AT ME. -.-.. i thought that was insane so i whent to the apple site, and saw this :|
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...0.8.25.7.11.9.1
    I wasnt really suprised seeing it got such a low rating, so i start to read the reviews..

Ever since I got my computer the power cord has continually sparked when I plug it into a wall socket or even a surge protector. I have always had to watch the connection into my computer for some reason it just doesn't like to stay connected enough.

Really not impressed with this product. I've been through 2 and am now on my third. I thought it was just me, but apparantly everybody below has issues with the adapters. This NEVER happened on my p.c. and having to buy 300 dollars worth of these

I was working on my PowerBook in bed an smelled smoke, looked over to see blue sparks and smoke billowing out of the cord where it connects to the square white adapter. Had I put the computer aside and fallen asleep prior to this occurence,

So people just a warning, if your going to ever buy something from mac, buy a desktop because i guarentee youll spend at least 200$ or more on chargers, plus their not safe either, I couldnt charge my computer at night because i was afraid it might start sparking and burn up the fkin house :\. And to top it off, It burnt my hand which really hurt, so trust me dont use mac products :(

2. Flame X

Flame X Well-Known Member

yup well I think all apple products are inferior.

But I had a similiar problem with my old ibook...the power cord would just spark when I plug it in, and eventually the head (where I plug into the mac) just wore away and broke.

The actuall laptop (ibook) was absolutely terrible btw. Let me tell you that I NEVER installed apps or games on it, and it was friggin slow as hell. It would crash and die on me on a daily occurence...its a complete waste of money.

3. AG Triumph

indeed, my uncle thinks Macs are superior to everything though, rofl. but yea its not to bad for me since all i do is watch anime occassionaly, use the internet photoshop and word. But the sparks are so terrible, its scary to have your power cord trying to kill you, and worst off i almost stepped on it once, i just avoided it, my toe wouldve been burnt off if i hadnt. I get to spend like 5 days on my bros comp since hes away and its heaven, so much better then mac, so ill say it again.
    DONT BUY MAC

4. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

ever think of getting a new cord?

5. Flame X

Flame X Well-Known Member

he already said hes on his 3rd

6. AG Triumph

Yes, a new cord would be a great deal for only 79.99$. thats why im saying, some people spend 300$ USD just replace their damn chargers because they brake so often :rolleyes:

7. AG Triumph

bumping this so people can be warned ;P

8. BreakOut

BreakOut Well-Known Member

That sucks. I'll never get an iBook, and I was about to consider getting one! Ty...