Losing Weight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LondonGoneWild, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Aedus

Aedus Senior Member

Marking this thread for later.

I lost above 45lbs in 3 months, I'll give you some tips after work.

2. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

3. D3e

D3e Active Member

Wanting to loose weight is nothing. Getting off you ass to actually do it is the hard part!

I would suggest doing some light walking everyday. Walk around your block a few times, or even just up and down the stairs..

If your still commited after a few week's, consider joining a gym. Create a journal of your weight and what you have been doing work-out and diet wise. Should help keep it interesting..

I wish you all the best with it, keep us updated on your progress.

4. Aedus

Aedus Senior Member

Okay, here we go;

I started at 220lbs in September 2007

My weight on December 25th 2007 is 166lbs

My loss was 54lbs in total.

First tip;
    Loose your E-life, wallowing infront of your PC WON'T HELP. I left Gamerenders, all my other sites I was on while I started to diet, make yourself less of a vegtable and be more active.

Eating (Major factor):

First mistake people make here; Less is NOT better.
    You think to yourself "Okay i'll starve myself, loose like 10lbs, then do it again in a few weeks time and loose some more" < It doesn't work.

While dieting instead of having 2 big meals in the day, I had 5 small meals. "Why?" I hear you say; You NEED food to keep your metabolism up, without regular meals your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat, which is not what you want. You must eat throughout the day, no matter what. No "big" meals anymore, small meals.

This was 1 of my typical meals at first;

1 Chicken breast, 80g of boiled rice, Lots of veggies. < After my weightloss stopped I cut out the rice to keep loosing

Now I have 5 meals the same as before, but 1 of them being 2 egg whites on 1 slice of wholemeal toast.

Typical day for me now:

10am wake up, Chicken and vegtables for meal 1
    11.30am 20minutes run or 20 minutes row.
    1pm Meal 2, chicken and veggies
    4pm Meal 3, Chicken and veggies
    7pm Meal 4, 2 egg whites and 1 slice of wholemeal toast
    10pm Meal 5, Chicken and Veggies
    12pm Work-out 2, 20 minutes run or 20 minutes stepping machine
    1am Work-out 3, sit-ups - Press-ups - crunches

Next day repeat.

Exercise is important to, instead of running, brisk walk, ANYTHING. Doesn't matter what you do, just something to get your heart rate going.

Next tip;
    Tablets

DUN DUN DUN < People think these are bad.

No they aren't, people who tell you tablets are bad are full of ----, the initial weight you loose will be water weight, being the size you are, you easily have about 21lbs of water excess in your body. Water retention tablets will help you get rid of this.

Next tablets to take are Green Tea Extract, you can get them from Holland and Barrat if you live in England, 1 per day.

Next tablets are Amino acid tablets, these help your food break down and stops your body from absorbing any fats that are in the food. 2 with every meal, holland and barrat.

Next tip is clothes;
    Wearing baggy clothes will make you look fatter than you are, when you drop the initial 2 stone, buy a few new clothes, jeans, teeshirts. Why?
    This lets people around you see you are loosing weight, they will comment you and make you feel good for doing what you are doing. This will give you the boost you need to keep going.

Next tip Water;
    Coke, fanta, 7-UP < ALL ----.

Do NOT drink that, ever. You may live off of that trash, don't bother anymore, it's just full of crap.

Drink water, and you can drink as much water as you like, drink it to stop yourself feeling hungry, anything, doesn't matter. Just drink however much you like.

Next tip exercise;

You MUST exercise, at first when you begin eating chicken, rice and veg, you will loose without exercise, but don't rely on this, it won't keep you for long, if you want to keep making losses you must exercise, and properly. No half assed "I'm tired"
    I've nearly passed out from running before, I pushed myself to the limit and I have been past the pain stage and further, if you want to make progress you have to push your ass and put in effort. Sorry if you can't exercise properly, but it's a MUST, you won't get to a decent size without it.

Next tip good foods;

These are the things you CAN eat for 1 meal. So the weights i'm saying is what you can have for 1 meal.

Meats;
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Tuna
    Cod
    Salmon
    Prawns

Veg;
    Anything

Sides;
    80g Potatos
    80g Rice

NO sauces, NO trimmings, No red meats, No nothings. You want to make proper losses, you make sacrifices.

Next tip snacks;
    Fruit is the key, you can eat as much fruit as you like, apples, pears, pineapples, kiwi's Doesn't matter. Eat whatever you like when you're hungry, it's fine.

MAJOR TIP:
    If you eat a slice of pineapple or some grapefruit before a meal, it will stop your body absorbing fats into your system, before every meal if you have some pineapple or grapefruit it WILL help.

You think i'm talking ---- though?

Before diet;
    [​IMG]

After diet;
    [​IMG]

Pictures speak louder than words.

ANY questions, feel free to ask me, I'm happy to help people who are willing to sacrifice to better themselves.

5. LondonGoneWild

LondonGoneWild Banned from GR

Thanks man for taking the time to reply with such a detailed reply. I'm actually going to print that out and put it on my bedroom wall for a reminder every morning. Thanks man, is I had the 150 posts I would + rep you right now.

6. Aedus

Aedus Senior Member

No problem

1 thing I forgot to add, spices such as cajun spice or chinese spice, you are allowed to put ontop of your meal or with your chicken if you need some flavour. Spices, especially hot spices will help you stick to your diet and help you stop getting bored of the same meal.

Hot spices will aid your metabolism

7. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

dude water retention is a good thing, it doesn't really make you look fat either. If you're trying to lose weight you should be drinking water by the tons.

8. Aedus

Aedus Senior Member

No you're wrong, water retention is excess body water that is gained with fat, your fat cells help to store it, the first thing you do when you diet is loose excess body water.

I said he can drink as much water as he likes, but drinking water and loosing excess body water are completely different things.

9. xlink

if you're doing heavy anaerobics water retention is usually a non-issue on all accords(as far as looks go, though yes water does add to weight, but weight loss is not the same as at loss) and is considered neutral especially since most watter retention would occur in muscle cells.

10. Reptar

Reptar Well-Known Member

Just a quick tip, everything in moderation. What Aedus said is all fine and dandy but make sure you allow yourself "treats" every now and then. Now I'm not saying eat a bowl of ice cream everyday, but it is perfectly healthy to eat a scoop a week. By allowing yourself these treats it increases your chances of staying on the diet, honestly a serving of ice cream can go a long way.

Another tip for your diet, variety. A good way to make sure you don't get bored of the food you're eating is to prepare the food you can eat differently. Don't be afraid to try new things, found one of my favorite meals of all time that way (Pistachio Chicken yum :D).

Good luck.

11. Aedus

Aedus Senior Member

Water weight isn't a major factor, I know. But loosing excess water weight will come eventually anyway once he starts to loose fat cells,
    Water retention tablets help initially with this loss, as you said; it doesn't show, but since the excess water around the fat will be going anyway it doesn't hurt to get rid of it pre-maturely, the only effect of loosing it will be his self confidence in himself and the diet when he goes on the scales and see's he's lost even some weight.

It's a good initial step to take to give yourself a boost and let yourself know you can do it.

It's not about just your own looks, it's about self belief, that's 1 of the most important parts of a diet, even more-so than exercise.

12. Aedus

Aedus Senior Member

This is true, you can treat yourself, but don't let it get into a habit.

I chose not to treat myself, because I would get back into a bad routine, but that's my choice totally. If you think you can have a bar of choc once a week and stick to it, that's fine, but don't let it turn into something you have as a snack more and more often, it's quite easy to loose yourself back into bad eating habits.

13. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

I was watching a report on the news recently and a doctor/scientist said drinkign 8 glasses of water a day, is NOT healthy, like previous statements assumed. So don't drink too much water, a few glass is fine but don't drink too much.

14. xlink

exercise>diet
    that assumes you're eating what would usually be considered typical amounts of food, if you're eating mass amounts of food on a weight gaining program, you're watter intake needs are increased substantially

15. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

Would you like to fix your typos, lol?

Also I don't know what it was for I am just adding that fact.