Looking to buy a laptop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The Vengeance, Jul 16, 2010.

1. epik-designs

epik-designs Banned from GR

lol smart ass. we should go get coffee sometime and rant on about stuff. we would be great at annoying the hell out of people

2. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

I'm not gay, sorry.

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

don't take this the wrong way, but inverse knows more of computer hardware/construction than at least 98% of the population. You might be towards the top, but he's in a different league.

epik, you might be more knowledgeable than most people, but in this case you are wrong. Acer is, on the whole, one of the shittiest OEMs out there. I'm sure they have a few decent products, but the majority aren't.

and the "I'm learning to build computers" argument is irrelevant and off topic when it comes to market knowledge. Knowing how to build a computer is a great skill and there are very tangible benefits to it and I do encourage you to pursue that skill, but knowing how to assemble something does not mean you know what is optimal when it comes to the actual parts you're assembling. If given a choice of lumber and building materials, I could construct a shed with my rudimentary knowledge of hardware and construction, it might even be a decent shed and it would probably stand the test of time fairly well - but it would not be ideal and in many ways I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't pick out the right time of wood or screws, I could have done a better job.

In this particular instance, your answer, while somewhat acceptable, is second class.

4. tutcove

tutcove New Member

You wont find a gaming lappy that cheap. But check out HP, they have a good Pavillion line for around $400-700 which are decent rigs. Get a dual core turion or i3 in that range

5. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

CPU power doesn't matter that much in gaming when you're running onboard graphics.