Look Afar

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by Amergin, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Amergin

Amergin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Comments and criticism welcome, encouraged and appreciated.

2. concept

concept Well-Known Member

concept C&C

Great signature.

You have a very beautiful sense of depth put into this. Though compared to the render and the right side of this signature, the left lacks the same depth and color you display in the right side of the tag.

The right is very colorful and complimentary to the render. Then my eye transfers to the left to a more seemingly dull and bland look of color and lacked feeling of depth. Also I'm not 100% sure of your text, I'm still debating if it's helping or destroying this tag. (which isn't to bad, it's atleast not like "wow your text is really messing this tag up") but I do believe you should fool around with different text placement, and a different font size and font.

A Little More Indepth

Good.
    I love your effects, they're very nice and flow together very well. You don't make them clash and look chaotic. You captured exactly what the title says, with or with out the text I would already look at this peice and ask my self what's in the distance. Not because of the render, but because your effects and lighting point my eye's into that direction.

Now I mentioned the left is more bland and has less depth. I don't mean for you to take that as a horrible thing. It still adds to the flow and brings more attention to your lightsource and focal point.

Bad.
    I dislike the background you added around the text, I notice the scanlines behind it and with the way you've displayed this signature, they don't really fit with this tag at all. In other tags that's sometimes a good look, but you should definitely change that and mess around with the text a little more.

Suggestion for Text.
    For instance I would suggest you fit the font around the bottom of the big arrow on the right. Use the same color as the arrow and have it running along the bottom saying "LOOK AFAR". Now don't work on making it super visible or completely readable. Text can look just as good as a type of effect placed into the signature, you don't always need the title to be popping out. It's a nice idea to have it blend right into the signature and have people just partially make out what the text is saying. Then at the most post the title within your post, in a title set next to the tag on a website or portfolio.

Suggestion for Left Side.
    Maybe add a little green and yellow tang to the orange to spice it up a little along with a little bit of that blue on the closest part of the orange next to the render for a darking blend to add some depth. OR just add a darker orange color to that part instead of blue.

Whether or not you decide to take that advice, I do think you should tweek around with the left. Just make sure you save the orginal on a different PSD incase your tweeking ends up not being better.

:) Hope my C&C helped :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010