[long Post] What To Do About Mary Jane.

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by Mr. Cheeky, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Mr. Cheeky

Mr. Cheeky Well-Known Member

Prepare for a long post, under the influence of Concerta (108mg total), which is kind of like Ritalin.

To begin with, i'll give credits to those who give me straight up real answers. Secondly, i'm on Concerta right now because I have an exam to study for, so I thought i'd use some pills to help keep me awake. However, these pills have just made me realize something.

Lets take it back to memory lane. Grade 11 midway through the year, I finally take my first tokes of that sweet reefer.

Did I get high the first time? Yes, I did. It felt awfully weird and I must say, I did not enjoy it that much.

After that, I tried it again a few more times because I found it weird how everyone loves being so high, yet I hated the effects because they felt extremely weird or even new to me.

I did a few more times, this is when I started smoking and weed was a HUGE THING. Now i'm too lazy to type a lot, let me just break it down into phases or levels of me smoking weed.

LEVEL 1:
    --------------------
    - Smoked about once a month
    - Didn't enjoy it much
    - Only did it to kill sobriety

LEVEL 2:
    --------------------
    - Started doing it weekly for fun
    - Learned to enjoy the high
    - Never interferred with school
    - Didn't feel dependant

LEVEL 3:
    --------------------
    - Slowly began smoking more often
    - Started smoking on weekdays sometimes
    - Started becoming careless about school
    - Began going out a lot, distant from family

LEVEL 4:
    --------------------
    - Smoked weed whenever available
    - Lunch period at school slowly turned into a weed session
    - Started buying larger amounts
    - Needed weed for some activities to be "better"

LEVEL 5: (CURRENT)
    --------------------
    - Buying LARGE amounts of weed
    - Meeting new stoners, some cool, some low lifes
    - Smoking almost everyday
    - Always feeling the urge to smoke
    - Constantly talking about weed
    - Visiting stoner forums
    - Putting weed before other important things
    - Days/nights I didn't have weed, look all over my room for it

There it is. All the different stoner levels I went through over the span of almost 2 years.

I don't know whats happening to me. Is it the weed, or it just natural in me?

Lately, I've been more concerned about weed than homework. Before, if I couldn't get ahold of weed, I'd just say fine and forget it. Now, I get somewhat angry knowing that I have to be sober.

Weed itself is not the problem. I don't feel any negative health effects or mental effects either. Its just that, I feel I have an addiction and I can't control it. Me having a very addictive personality and weed being so openly accepted is a really bad mix I guess.

I can truthfully say, i'm mentally addicted. I think about weed everyday. The reason i'm posting this now is because i'm on these Ritalin/Concerta pills and they've made me realize, i'm overdoing the weed.

Back in Grade 9 and 10, I actually worked in school and tried hard, learning seemed fun and getting high marks on tests was like my drug. Now i'm in Grade 12, having to stay back an extra year in high school because I was careless throughout the year. I didn't worry about marks or anything, I let too much stuff slip and just let go.

Now I know i'm a smart guy. I don't like to brag, but I have more potential than a lot of people think. I don't know if its the weed holding me back, or maybe just a lack of self-motivation. Whatever it is, its definitely a mind gone to waste.

Now the question I have to ask after reading all this is, what do I do?

What CAN I do? I know right now I don't have the urge for weed only because i'm on these pills. But I know later on in this week, i'm going to start craving weed. I'll be sitting at home in my room wondering whats missing, and realize that its the effects of the magical herb.

Let me just end this here because this is getting way too long, am I right? If you took time to read this and give your opinion, thank you.

2. FTWrath

FTWrath Well-Known Member

Yeah I read it, it's quite simple really. You just have to find something else to become dependant on. Might seem like a bad answer but it's the easiest way. You have to start someway you know?
    For example, my dad was a smoker... for like 20 years, recently he quit.. he craved it so he started chewing gum to keep him from smoking and it's kept him off for a good 2 years now.
    I'm not saying find another drug because that would be taking a step backwards but what I am saying is to find something else that you can get hooked on with no negative effects. Others might say, "Just quit." But it's not that simple because I've seen my dad struggle through it. He doesn't even think about smoking anymore because after going through that first month or so without it, it's become easy for him.
    So like I said, find something else, not trying to be funny here but think of something that makes you feel as good as weed. That gives you that umph so to speek.. when you feel the need for it.. masterbate... I don't care who you are.. you can't say you haven't done it.. so replace the addiction for weed with something else or replace the feeling of weed with somethign else (The masterbation thing was an example).

3. SniperStud

SniperStud Well-Known Member

yeah im gonna have to agree with ftwrath, i have some friends who smoke weed all the time but i know they wont quit, i wish they wuold but they havent seen it to be a problem they are right where your at now, i think the best hting is to infd an alternative, anything can be addicting like soda is my kryptonite i used to have like at least 64 oz at work every day or school now i decided to replace it with wtaer and have 1 or 2 sodas a week, so finding a replacement really does work...

4. Mr. Cheeky

The problem is... I can't think of a replacement.

I'm way in over my head now. I just keep stressing and I don't know what to do.

Fellow smokers understand just HOW amazing weed is. Its really hard to replace. Choose another drug? Definitely not. Weed is harmless to body and mind. For people that can be responsible and not abuse it, weed is the perfect drug to enjoy occasionally. However, I have come to the point where i'm an abuser, no longer a user. For me, its blocking off a lot of opportunities because i'm so damn hooked.

Thanks for reading, it means a lot.

EDIT: As you can see... Level 2 was great. I was doing really well in school and I always put off weed to Fridays so I could smoke with friends after school.

5. .Nector Vectors.

.Nector Vectors. Well-Known Member

Try Crack/cocaine.

6. xelinkstempaccount

xelinkstempaccount Well-Known Member

it's psychologically addicintg now physicallyt, now think about it. you could quit with no withdrawls. you probably don't have the controll just to do it in moderation so it's likely all or nothing with you.

7. Mr. Cheeky

Thats my problem... How do I keep weed in moderation?

8. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

I voted to try and quit.

I used to smoke alot of pot. Much like you, I tried it once, after saying no a thousand times...but you know the whole peer pressure thing, especially from my cousin and aunt no less.

I didn't really care for the high the first time around. I didn't like that it made me feel sluggish, and that I was tired and just wanted to sleep when I came down off the high. But much like you, I kept doing it, and eventually I came to enjoy the high.

Once I grew to enjoy it, I started doing it every day. Spending every bit of money I could get on it. Even resorted to stealing money from my parents, so that I could afford to pay for my pot.

Not only that, but I stopped my martial arts training at the time, and started doing bad in school, because I would rather get high, then do anything else. So my school life, and physical activities suffered because of it.

I put on alot of weight, because of the munchies as a side affect, after all, I was the munchie queen for a reason. So once I finally quit, I had to work hard, and still have to work hard now to maintain a better shape and physical level.

But not only was it the pot. They aren't kidding when they say its a gateway drug. I swore up and down it never would be for me, that I would never let pot make me interested in trying something else. After about 4 years of using, I was wrong. Because I got tired of just the high I would get from pot.

I started doing X, not just in pill form, but I started crushing it up and sprinkling it on top of my pot as well, so that I could get that up feeling with my high. It also led me to try coke. I'm honestly amazed I didn't OD one night at a party with all I did. If it wasn't for my cousin looking after me that night as I sat there puking all over myself, unable to move, I don't know what would have happened to me.

So yeah, even though I used to hardcore do pot, I would say quit, because once you do, you will see all the ways it has affected your life, and just be completely amazed. I gave up alot because of pot, more then I ever realized I did when I was on it. Its almost a shocker now to look back and go, did I really do that?

And yes, I still miss the highs, who doesnt? Its such a free feeling to be stress free, and have no worries and what not. But I wouldnt give up everything again, just for that high...because at some point, that high has to fade, and I would have to go in search of an even better high the next time.

Just my thoughts on it. I hope its helped some, or at least given you some food for thought.

9. Mr. Cheeky

To be honest, thats A LOT like me. I'd say about 80% of what you said applies for me as well.

After smoking so much the past 2 years, I was looking forward to trying coke this summer. This is really not good at all especially because I always believed marijuana was not a gateway drug. I guess it all just hit me then.

10. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

It is indeed a gateway drug. And most people will say its not, until the time comes when they realize the high from it just isnt enough anymore.

They think hey, well if I can feel this way on pot, I wonder what a stronger drug will make me feel like? Besides, it cant be all that bad, I will only try it once, its not like im going to get addicted...

Its funny, all those lines that we thought where just cliche lines being fed to us by some drug prevention people, really did turn out to be true.

11. DemsLover

DemsLover Senior Member

Put it this way if you keep going like you are then you will bw one of the "low life stoners".
    My uncle smokes alot of it and has done for years, and its not even about the high no more hes addicted, id say get out now, save braincells :/

12. Rufio

Rufio Well-Known Member

I got to a pretty high level until I had to do a research paper on smoking weed and it changed my life. I learned a ton of fact of how harmful that crap is for you and it scared me so now I am back at level 1

13. Sniper001

Sniper001 Legen-wait for it-dary!

My best bet is to quit because you will screw over your life if you don't. Don't have an experience with these kinds of things, don't intend too, but I've heard of the effects and how miserable it can make you... so quit as soon as possible, no matter how hard it can be. You can do it. ^_^

Snipe. ;)

BTW, you're a Chamillionaire fan? BRAP, that guy is amazing. :wub:
    And you are indian? How the hell did you keep it from your parents without getting disowned... seriously lol. :lol:

14. Iron Bonney

Iron Bonney Well-Known Member

Weed/drugs/drinking or whatever always starts by peer pressure.

Here is my advice to you, Cut off any relationships with your weed smoking friends as on the first sight you see them smoking it or talking about it you will be like dreuling all over! They maybe good friends but its for your own good to cut them off.

After that find something you have a passion for wether its a musical instrument you want to learn how to play it or a sport of any kind.(I don't recomend it to be anything computer related) and make that new hobby of yours your no.1 priorty in spending your free time, It will be hard at the begining but you will eventually get over the weed thing.

15. Ruler46

Ruler46 Well-Known Member

What you need to do is get of it as soon as you can,

Look back, notice how its got worse and worse, Well it will carry on like this, Probally on to harder and more deadly drugs,

Try going to a help group, Smoke less and less each day, and get involved in something u like that anit atall related to the weed to keep ya busy

Also, if u do try to quit, dont stop instantly, U sound like your addicted by now, and jus stopping looks like you'd get withdrawl smyptons (SOMETHING YOU DONT WANT) n could end up dead