Lolmode

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by SpacemanSpiff, Oct 1, 2008.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Active Member

2. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

In my opinion this template is very cluttered. Not so much like Yahoo where it takes you 20 minutes to find the sports section, but to much for one page. If you are going to put this much on one page, whats the point in having 8 nav buttons. This is a very nice layout tho.

~Just my opinion... yours and others may differ

Nonetheless of my opinion I'll help you out by a +fav ;)

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Active Member

yeah I sort of thought about that, and that it also ends up looking very repetitive, but it works for a lot of people for some reason so I stick with the layout.

on the note of the navigation buttons, the frontpage would usually not be big enough (thankfully) to hold everything, so you make a seperate page for the extra stuff that doesn't fit. When I integrate the forum removing the middle and right columns, it should get some space, which in a clan setting most of the stuff goes onto the forum anyway. Just some of my thought processes behind why I did what I did, and why clan designs carry this cramped style so often (lazy teenagers wanting information on one page, pretty much)

on the forum integration I may remove all 3 columns, or replace the left column with addtional links, depends on how I setup the backend.

Thanks for the comment though, I'm definitely going to give more thought to how I put together my sites in the future, this was mostly for style practice. Didn't even bother drafting it out =P