Linux Or Windows?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tyro, Jul 20, 2006.

1. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

You say xelink doesn't know what he is talking about? Wow, you're in for a treat when he reads this topic and flames you for missing so many points that it is impossible to count.

1) Ubuntu is a simple operating simple. Doesn't require any of these 'skills' that you talk about.
    2) Everything works on Windows because, as stated before, it nearly has a monopoly on the market.
    3) Linux is free.
    4) Not all Linux OSes are by redhat, actually only a handfull, namely, Fedora Core.
    5) Think they are cool that they use Linux? Why, because it can be a more powerful Operating System for people who know how to use it?
    6) Redhot? Funny. Try spelling correctly if you're going to insult some one, makes you yourself look less retarded.
    7) Obviosuly Windows is easier to use, it's less powerful.
    Do you, yourself know how to use Linux? If not, don't reply saying Windows is just as powerful as all the Linux OSes out there.

PS-
    8) Linux is open-source.

2. .killjoy

.killjoy Well-Known Member

My opinion, windows is not a monoply, they have some good stuff, hell all software works on it and does its job, you can program on it, its sometimes had to find good stuff for linux, linux is great for people that have virusphobia. And what I said was true.
    "except people just want to be different and they think they are cool if they use linux"

johndapunk- Of course your right, linux is easy to get as windows is, i know no warez talk is allowed. I've tried ubuntu, and redhat(sry for misspelling). I've used redhat on my xbox. Windows isnt powerful its compatable thats why people use it. About the cool thing, I've actaully met guys that said they used linux and infact they used windows.

3. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

So are you saying that you would use Linux if there was more capatable software with it, compared to windows?

4. .killjoy

.killjoy Well-Known Member

I haven't tried many builds of linux, its because I don't have time to full around with that stuff. And yes I would be more inclined to use linux if more things were avalible for it.