Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Movies' started by PhanE, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinges

dinges Senior Member

new look is very cool, although I miss the blond hair of the singer :tongue:
    anyway, I searched for a leaked version of minutes to midnight and found one, downloaded it and I have to say: IT SUCKED! I was already going crazy over how much Linkin Park changed, bad changes! and then I got to the song what I've done, It was different from the song in the video, thank god that cd was fake, the only real song on it was QWERTY
    I'll just wait until midnight then :tongue:

2. lllAE86lll

lllAE86lll GR Since 2005

3. Innershadow

Innershadow Well-Known Member

Oh I just can't wait to hear it and there new look is cool got to love Brad's afro ^_^ lol

4. Jesteralex

Jesteralex Active Member

I've listened to What I've Done like a billion times now and i'm so eager to hear the album not to mention them headlining the prestigious Download Festival this year :)

2007 is a great year. ^__^

5. lllAE86lll

lllAE86lll GR Since 2005

6. KWIP

KWIP Well-Known Member

cant wait!

7. Victim

Victim Member

I am a big LP fan, and as far as I know, there have been no real Minute to Minute Leaks.. Only fakes, so if you come across a leak, its probably fake..

Kerrang track by track MTM interview
    WAKE
    Mike: This is an intro track that starts the album - you can hear a needle going down on a record and i think it sets the tone for what's to come.

GIVEN UP
    Brad: We had a really bad song called 'fire in the city' - the chorus actually had the words 'fire in the city' on it! Mike was the only person who liked it. rather than just scrap the song, we mined it for any good parts.
    Mike: It felt like brad stole my car and ripped out the stereo.
    Brad: I took the bassline and the drums and built weird sounds around it, which eventually became this song. Chester's screaming: 'What the ------ is wrong with me? Put me out of my ------ing misery!' so, without explaining exactly what the song's about, it's pretty clear he's not happy.

LEAVE OUT ALL THE REST
    Chester: We knew this was going to be a single from the very beginning, so we worked really hard on making sure it had great lyrics. I'm singing 'Pretending someone else can save me from myself' during it because it's supposed to feel like an apology letter, as though i'm moving on but i want people to remember the good things and not the bad things. A lot of the song is about humility.

BLEED IT OUT
    Mike: I wrote the lyrics to this about 100 times. it's always frustrating as a lyricist to come in with a new version that you spent hours on and have the band tell you that it's not there yet. in one case, they listened to my lyrics for 30 seconds and told me to start over again. that was pretty hard. it felt like i was bringing in the lyrics, getting punched in the face and then going back to the drawing board. When it finally came together i said to the band 'I don't think anyone but us could have made a song like this'. It's a ------ing bizarre death-party-rap-hoedown!

SHADOW OF THE DAY
    Brad: This was probably the most difficult arrangement to nail. It sounded very derivative at first but then we kept replacing different elements on it. We put an acoustic guitar on it, then an electric banjo and then a marimba. It’s definitely one of the best songs we’ve written.

WHAT I’VE DONE
    Mike: on the other albums, brad and I started every song together. But this was the only song we wrote together and the last one we finished. We wanted a song that encapsulated the feel of the whole record and I think this is that song. You’re going to get something different out of this every time you listen to it.

HANDS HELD HIGH
    Mike: Rick said to us that, if something sounded like it needed rapping, then we should try singing and vice versa. That’s why this song has rapping on it.
    Brad: a lot of the greatest accidents occurred when we combined elements that shouldn’t have worked together.

NO MORE SORROW
    Rob: this is probably the heaviest song on the album. It was initially called ‘EBow idea’ Rick told brad that he should use an EBow [guitar effect] on a different song. When he went in to work on that, he got frustrated and came up with the opening to this.
    Chester: I think this is a record you should listen to on headphones because you’ll hear different things, this is a song that shows there is depth to this record.

VALENTINE’S DAY
    Chester: It’s definitely one of the poppier songs on the album. We have to be very carefyl sometimes that we don’t lose the integrity of what we’re doing – we’re a very dark band and we like it like that. We talk about uncomfortable things and try to make you comfortable with that. We tried to do that here in a more poppy song and I really like that aspect of the album.

IN BETWEEN
    Chester: I knew that Mike should really sing this song. I tried it once, I did a good job, but it just didn't have the power of Mike's performance because he really believed what he was singing. Whatever it is the mother------er is apologising for on this track, he's ------ing serious! It comes from the most sincere and heartfelt place.

IN PIECES
    Chester: I got divorced recently and that was very difficult. I also got remarried so there was a big contrast in my life. For a while I couldn’t be completely happy with the new life I was starting and I couldn’t end the last one. This is a song about that. The music has a kind of reggae vibe to it, almost. It’s really cool watching how the song goes from that, through pop and emerges as a full-on rock song at the end.

THE LITTLE THINGS YOU GIVE AWAY
    Brad: this is our favourite song on the record. It's the biggest statement that we've ever made. Nothing could go after it as everything would get eclipsed by it. The thing that really makes it is the guitar solo.
    Mike: Brad has always avoided solos because he doesn't like to show off. But when he played that solo, though, it was one of the most emotional moments we've recorded. It says what the lyrics are saying without words.

8. the effekt

the effekt Senior Member

Awesome, another new album. Linkin Park own.

9. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

Eh, Linkin Park is over hyped and overrated beyond belief. They don't even like the genre they're in...heh.

Their latest single is meh, I hope that the album itself isn't meh, though, and actually has some harder rock songs. We need more rough rock music these days than this crappy, incredibly fake, never meant to be, emo scene (in which even the starter of the term hates... <_< ).

I'm all for great new music...I just hope that Linkin Park lives up to the hype for once and it won't end up like previous albums.

10. dinges

dinges Senior Member

I agree with you on the point that we need more hard rock, songs like qwerty would be nice...

11. knibbler

knibbler Member

from what i have heard over half the new album is going to be like qwerty

12. dinges

dinges Senior Member

if that's true then I'm gonna be one happy camper (or headbanger) in about a month

13. KWIP

KWIP Well-Known Member

cant wait for this!!

14. `sparks

`sparks Jcoca

I listened to Linkin Park when I was like six.

I got so sick of them.

15. dinges

dinges Senior Member

still 35.749 minutes to midnight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.