Lfc

Discussion in 'LFC & Recruitment' started by DRM, Feb 19, 2009.

1. DRM

DRM Senior Member

Just curious if at al im up to par for joining crews yet, unfortunatly AG refused me but i would like to know what everyone else thinks. i think what i need to hear is what i need to work on more, theres only a certain amount of CC you get when posting tags but i think i need something along the lines of what overall i need to work on. different styles, more colours etc so here are some previews and let me know what you think.. Im determined to get a crew and im not giving up. Its my next challange to keep me going....

Newest to Oldest
    Latest - [​IMG] gift to SnakeatWar
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There some of my latest favorites.. i dont post tags i used tutorials for as then i feel they arnt really my tags.
    Let me know what you guys think

2. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

You need to work on your focal, lighting, colouring, blending and overall depth. Your tags are a bit chaotic in some places and some lack focal. Your first tag has a nice concept to it but the render is blended in poorly alongside the smudged dots that you have. A bit too dark for my liking, maybe lighten it up a bit next to Metroid's face or something? The second tag is a bit better but has poor focal. You have Kratos on the left blurred down to pieces and you have two dragons fighting then you have lighting coming from the top left when it is coming from the left only. The dragons need to be a bit bigger so we can see what is going on and while you are at it maybe you can add a few c4d's or other things here and there to give it a better colour. You second tag for example is good to a point. The left side is a bit to dark and the dots / things don't really bring about the light that much. Right side is way to light and over contrasted, in addition you need to work on the colours. They are dark and light in some places on the renders head and top left part. It also looks as if you tried to blur / smudge the render here and there.

So if you work on your concepts but instead of going all over the place, put your focus in one place I believe that any designer out there can achieve close to a perfect tag (since we all can't do perfect so close is as far as we all will go). Work on Focal, Depth (some is good but others need it badly), and colouring. Lighting is one of the key points in a tag and if you have that alongside a solid focal, the depth isn't a big part but it works well if you have a good focal with good lighting. It attracts a viewers attention.

Again I'm not saying that you are bad or that you suck, just saying that you have strong and weak points but you convert your strong into your weak when you are working for the other way around. Work more and maybe take a peek at some depth or some tutorials? That might help you get started.

Prince.

3. DRM

DRM Senior Member

Thanks mate, thats the real crit im looking for, looking at the tags i can see exactly what you mean

4. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

No Worries. I knew it would help you in a way or two ;)

Prince.

5. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

If it was just the first 3, I'd easily say yes but then I saw the rest...not quite as good but Zain gave you all the info you need.

6. DRM

DRM Senior Member

the first 3 are my latest ^_^ so at least i know im making progress.

Latest
    [​IMG]