Lets get GR going again..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaggy, Dec 11, 2012.

1. ~Enigma~

~Enigma~ Senior Member

Wow... Long time no see! I completely forgot about this website since my stroke... But I do remember everything that I have learned here! I honestly can't believe that this site is almost dead! You're right, something needs to be done... and I suggest incorporating a page on Facebook, then advertise on Facebook and Youtube. If you really want to mod this site's services, don't go too extreme, this is a rendering-based site, after all! But broaden the definition of rendering, from 3D output rendering to photoshop-style crop out rendering to video games. And add a programming section, and I might very well be back for good... when I'm not working, programming, or playing Halo 4, of course :P. I have to admit, I've gotten a bit rusty on my gfx, though :/... something to work on here :D!

2. mort

mort Member

Stroke?

3. ~Enigma~

~Enigma~ Senior Member

Yea dude. It wasn't fun. I just searched through the GR forum to see what I had posted years ago... I seem to have jumped on about a year after my stroke, but I understand why I stopped...

Long turn short: I had a stroke going to school on September 29th, 2005... end result: I had 'Expressive aphasia', in other words, I lost my speaking/writing skills (among a few others, that I am still working on regaining).

But, I finished up public school a year late (impressive given the situation), I'm now working and saving money for school, upgrading the classes that are needed for Information Technology, and then, of course, IT courses. Programming caught my interest much more then just artwork, and while I like doing art, there is something about the imaginatively-limitless capabilities that programming provides...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  4. mort

mort Member

How old, you were?

5. ~Enigma~

~Enigma~ Senior Member

14 years old.

6. mort

mort Member

Damn son.

7. ~Enigma~

~Enigma~ Senior Member

'Nough of that; how's it going guys?

8. boots

boots New Member

I have been visiting GR since I was about 13 years old (I'm 20 now). I lost my old account though but wasn't very active. I was more like a leecher. I visited this forum before the mass email was sent out though because I was getting into web design and wanted some cool logo renders that I can use. Unfortunately, I forgot that this forum only rendered mostly gaming things. I'd probably visit a lot more if there was some more graphics that I can use for general things, not just games and signatures.

9. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

Make a section dedicated to creating facebook cover photos.

or about making images that can be shared on social media.

10. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

I still hold that the problem wasn't "inflation" on its own. It was the fact that credits per post weren't adjusted to keep up with inflation. Just as governments increase the minimum wage over time, so should posting have been adjusted for the sake of the newer members.

11. TrueBoricua

TrueBoricua Member

Would definitely love to see GR rise up again :)

12. Galione

Galione Well-Known Member

MORE TOPICS. sigs and LA are cool but what about speed painting via photoshop and sketches. more about art for this forum would be good I see fewer topics relating to art on here than in the past. LA does cover a wide range but it you were to split the subjects into seperate categories it might attract more people with backrounds in the knowledge of art in general.

Also since I was gone it seems that while the new forum skin is cool it's still bland enough to not catch your attention. A new spice I believe is in order to revamp the interest in the forums for new comers and veterans alike.

ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE! make a credit based advertising program for the current and soon to be active members. I remember how well that worked in the past and how that is how I found my way to numerous sites just like this. Think if 5 people a day come to the site from another at least one of those would sign up. and that's just from one person posting the advert in their signature. if 100 members in a month post the advert in their sig you do the math on that one.

I would really love a new found spark of glory to GR!

13. MDproskater

MDproskater Well-Known Member

What I think this site lacks is great tag artists that used to post their stuff on here... Now everyone seems novice (no offense to anyone). If all of the greats started doing their thing again, and posting their work on here, it would become a happening forum again. Like back when I was starting out (and almost 7 years later, I still feel like just an average tag artist), and even just like two years ago, there were some GREAT tags being posted that used to inspire me. Not anymore.

14. AnythingPink

AnythingPink Well-Known Member

Don't feel too bad.. At least this outlived PR.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  15. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

So what happened to PR? I know the original owner sold it, and not I see the forum is down.