Left 4 Dead

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by .ZERO, Nov 7, 2008.

1. BlazeTheDemon

BlazeTheDemon Member

Fox I'll try to help you out. It's true what you've heard. The graphics are AMAZING, Level design, AMAZING and memorable. Game play, just as good as ever from Valve. I loved the game right off the bat, BUT i was very grateful I only rented it. (I prefer to play console just because It's more fun imo). Zombies spawn randomly ever level, never the same. Teamwork is a must, no such thing as the lone wolf, it's impossible. Special zombies can NOT be fended off alone. This is where the game shines, teamwork, especially in versus mode. However the game becomes quite unfair when AI is available on the HUMAN-HUMAN team. The AI is almost too good, and often kick special infected ass from far away (kind of puts a damper on ambushing) It's true Valve is supposedly working on more content, and if one was to buy it, you would want PC for the customization to make it's replay value more exciting. However, weapon choice is incredibly lame. You are basically just going to end up using a carbine (with no iron sights, no aiming) or maybe even the auto shotgun. Thats about it besides a few explosives. Zombie side on versus can be very fun, but very irritating because you usually wait 20 seconds to re spawn. (that could have been fixed by allowing us to play the regular old zombies QQ) 4 Levels that can all be beat in under an hour offer very little replay. Story is non-existent (which really saddened me :( ) You don't really feel like your characters because they are just lifeless zombies themselves really.Versus is incredibly fun though, problem is.. there is no progression whatsover. Which is why most FPS's are NOT repetitive. Gaining leader board power, customizations completely removes the repetitive element from games as well as gametypes. It seemed like the game played too much time polishing (doesn't that sound weird lol). Honest opinion, unless you have 3+ really good friends who have it (and on PC) I would not recommend the buy.

Blaze

2. brandontoh

brandontoh Guest

It is a surprisingly mediocre game even though all the content it offers made it seem really good. It has the potential, but after playing it for a while, it gets real boring. The only thing that gets me hooked is the versus mode, but it feels sort of...empty. Of course this is just my own opinion, and I am not saying that Left4Dead is a bad game. It is just...mediocre as compared to other Valve games like Team Fortress 2.

REMEMBER: THE ABOVE STATED IS BUT MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION.

3. Faith.09

Faith.09 Banned from GR

No zombie is safe from CHICAGO TED.

4. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

Chicago Ted sleeps with a pillow under his gun

5. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

Blaze: the AI isn't that good. You can't do the harder difficulties without real people with you.

I enjoy this game immensely, but I only play it when I have friends over. It's really good online, and I love how they set up VS mode (switching sides every time). It's fun to be the hunter ^_^. But it's not really any fun if you don't play it with anyone you know.

haha, the graffiti is so fun to read :D

6. Daecu

Daecu Senior Member

Long story short: valve can make it better, but I'm still gonna be playing it while I wait. Infected are fun as hell and humans require actual team work in a game, good stuff.

7. Ikuzo

Ikuzo Well-Known Member

this game is fantastic, play it all the time.

8. WEMAJOR

WEMAJOR Member

I got bored of this game quickly.. a lot of people like it, but it's just so repetitive that it wasn't even fun after the second time.
    How is the online gameplay?

9. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Online is the only reason to play L4D. If you've got 3 friends who have it, it's quality. <3

10. brandontoh

brandontoh Guest

The problem is online mode gets boring pretty fast as well.

11. kg.

kg. Well-Known Member

I dont get bored of online play, this game is amazing. even if you are playing with people you dont know, blatently more fun with, but still a good laugh if you have people who actually want to play it properly.

the blocking glitch really is annoying though, they need to patch that sometime soon.

12. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

patch came out yesterday for pc anyway

13. kg.

kg. Well-Known Member

oh thanks, maybe its out for xbox then, ill have to give it a check later.

14. jaz1234567

jaz1234567 Active Member

Playing it offline only at the moment, since the last time i used steam it crashed my computer - Single player = rather fun

I need to get me a copy for the xbox to play online..

15. ed_

ed_ Member

Superbump.

I love this game, play it all the time. More so now that I'm renting a server and there are so many options to mess around with. Makes for many a good times.

The SDK is really the next big thing for me. I'm not bored with the game by any means, but you can't say no to custom content. It will be very interesting to see what kind of maps and mods are released with the official L4D SDK. Some crazy ideas are flying around the Steam forums. Can't wait.