Laptop Help!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Divine_Demon, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Divine_Demon

Divine_Demon Well-Known Member

Yo everyone. Wassup. I need help. My birthday is coming up and I can get a laptop. But it can't be and more than 700$! So can anyone please provide a link to some awsome laptops/notebooks(w/ the difference?) 4 me please? I really want a really good laptop/notebook ok u fellaz? Well thanks ahead of time to all u people who will help me out ok! U guys do definaly rock! :D

Merged Post:

Oh yea also I have another question people. Do laptops explode?

2. BrokenFaith

BrokenFaith Well-Known Member

i know you can get cheap dells.. www.dell.com I think a stock insprion 1505 is 649$. Or try tigerdirect.com and get a nice ACER

3. gh0stz

gh0stz Well-Known Member

try to find something at dell, acer, toshiba, hp those places. tiger sometimes have really low prices on decent laptops.

4. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

weren't those the ones 'exploding'?

faulty batery...

if you're looking for a gaming laptop, alienware has some surprisingly cheap deals(c2d and x1400GFX for 1k just toss in another strip of ram from the store and you're set...)

if you're looking for a general sue system, just get the cheapest thing witha celeron D in it and get 512mb or 1GB of ram.

what are yoru needs for it though in full seriousness? from what i know, it is almsot pointless to get a gaming laptop, and unless you're using ti for business or school there is no reason to get a laptop over a desktop, poor batery life, monitors can't comapre and the hardware is typically 1-2 years behind performance wise. did i mentiona price premium?

5. BrokenFaith

Their Battery's were starting on fire, because of faulty sony. They have tooken back all of the bad one, over 4 Million Dollars worth of new batteries, so far its looking good, now apple iMacs are haveing the same problem.. Its sony.

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

if it was entirely sony, it would have been noted on Apple's systems at about the same time. It's Dell's implementation as well, not just sony.

7. BrokenFaith

How do you think that? How does dell get blamed for using SONY batteries that explode? and apple was using DIFFENT sony batteries and didnt think it would occur, but one a case showed up. they took no chances and exchanged anything they needed to, just like dell.. it was all of sony, if your going to blame it on dell, than you must be blaming apple for the same reason.

8. Pinocchio

Pinocchio Well-Known Member

9. Hjalmar

Hjalmar Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but you won't get an awesome laptop/computer for that price, if you want something ral then you should look at stuff over 1k

10. Divine_Demon

Divine_Demon Well-Known Member

I m looking for a to go laptop. U know when im away to go on the internet. I luv internet. And I want it 2 be atleast 1 GB ram. I dont want slow laptop. Thanx.

11. Zer0.

Zer0. Well-Known Member

Acctually, you're quite wrong there, I'm getting a decent computer for ~850 CAD (Canadian dollars)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16834152019
    --or--
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16834224053

Those are the two cheapest really decent lappys I could find. If I were buying, I'd go with the ABS, but since your budget is low, you won't get a really good one.

In your budget:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16834115254

12. Element.92

Element.92 Senior Member

yeah laptops can explode, ive had 5 or 6 catch on fire and it ruined them, i would suggest a PC unless a laptop is needed

PC's are cheaper... and laptops overheat easier..alot easier