Landslide Of Ps3 Good News

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Balthier, Jan 28, 2007.

1. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

no he listed rather shody notes which aren't entirely applicable.

why doesn't he list that the PS3 has better hardware or graphics, because it's looking like it doesn't... it has WORSE hardware and graphics...

and even if it did, look how badly the PS2 dominated the original xbox, and the xbox had a bigger performance lead over the PS2 than the PS3 supposedly has over the xbox360.

this is just a Sony f' up and Sony is doing the best to cover their over promising, underdelivering asses.

As it is, with consoles the only reason to get a console is for the games they have, most consoles are competative with each other from a hardware perspective... guess what, the PS3 still has relatively little developer backing they are just getting poorly done ports and low-quality exclusives.

2. BuckVincent

BuckVincent Well-Known Member

Not to mention, many developers say that it is easier to make something for the 360 then the PS3 do to the DEV kits sent to the developers.

3. xlink

or the list of developers who have cancelled games for the PS3...

I'm seriously pissed with Sony, the PS3 was supposed to be cheaper and well over twice as powerfulll

Merged Post:

top 10 reasons to wait for the PS3
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html

10 looks like it's worse on the PS3 than the xbox now..
    9 no more dual screen...
    8 ports were cancelled on basic version, though the premium version still has it
    7 you can still preorder... couldn't a while back, but apparently the PS3s are now backed up in inventory... w/e not really an issue either way
    6 Sony doesn't really have that great of online play...
    5 Who the hell uses eyetoy? their point still remains though, I think, i could be wrong
    4 Still not "almost entirely backwards comatable"
    3 Stronger Japanese support... wait a minute... that's no longer true
    2 Metal Gear solid - WOW ONE GAME
    1 BLU-RAY lolololo!!1!!!111! I consider it a minus, it makes games mroe expensive and loads them slower.

lalalalalalala
    http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

4. dharmesha13

dharmesha13 Well-Known Member

You forget to remember the one place the Xbox360 will ALWAYS lack.....RPG"s

The only two relatively good rpgs are
    FFXI (14.95 amonth+Xbox Live Charges)
    Blue Dragon is pretty cool...but it wasnt all it hyped up to be..

I will never get an Xbox 360.....I can play all the shooters i want on my future gaming pc.

Kingdom Hearts 3...and FF13 and Versus are enough for me to buy the ps3..Also looking forward to Lair and the new Killzone..

ps3 may have lost Assasins Creed and Virtua Fighter ....but the thing was i never was interested in those games anyways...Im loooking forward to Sould Calibur 4 and Mortal Kombat

games out for x360 and ps3 are usually using same exact graphics..But their is a reason a game built on an engine that does x360 level graphics ...will look worse on the ps3...

Sony is forcing Blu-ray onto us with the ps3...A brilliant strategy indeed....If someone buys a ps3 and has a HDTV...They probably think "Oh i have a blu-ray player i might as well buy a couple of movies for it"

Format war has not been decided so if ypu think one is going to win over another your just wasting your time./...it can go either way....

we can sit here all day long and pinpoint how the grass in Call of Duty 3 looks better in x360 or how the new oblivion will look better in ps3///But who really gives a flying F#$#?

Remember in 2008-2009 most of ps2 user will upgrade to ps3......

just think if you had an xbox 1 and u always play halo why would you upgrade to a ps3?????? You would go for a x360

With ps2 you will go to ps3 its just that simple..If you have aliance to a company and their AAA+ you couldt care less how x360 and wii fanboys point out EVERY single fault about the ps3..Only thing u know is that ur enjoying some of the titles u played on ps2 in HD and even some new games...

Thanks.
    Dhar 13

5. xlink

actually oblivion would look better on the xbox if it's anything like in the PC where ATI graphics cards did better with oblivion than nVidia cards.

6. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

lol you say that every ps2 owner will go ps3 but you forget one thing people only went with the ps2 cause it was cheaper, so they probably have more chance going with the wii or 360

7. BuckVincent

Yea, the 360 isnt gonna have an RPG's, what about Oblivion? Mass Effect? Huxley?

Mass Effect is gonna rawk. What about Huxley? Forgot about that too didnt you. What about Fable 2?

There are gonna be plenty of RPG's for the 360. Although it is more oriented towards Shooter fans, it will eventually cater to all.

Not to mention the ps3 only has one good game to be played on it. Resistance: Fall of Man.

All the others are So-So.

8. dharmesha13

dharmesha13 Well-Known Member

OK im sorry...to be more exact Japanese style rpgs...Final Fantasy, Valkyrie Profile, Square Enix....That kind of stuff

Fable 2 will be awesome..but as u can tell its very different from asian rpgs.....

their no games
    and thats why im waiting until end of 2007 or early 2008..

"actually oblivion would look better on the xbox if it's anything like in the PC where ATI graphics cards did better with oblivion than nVidia cards"

This is what i mean ...people who are getting a ps3 because of games its going to offer..Could not care less about small technical facts..

Everyone is not a Tech Enthusiast who examines every small detail like u Xelink lol

9. Balthier

Balthier Well-Known Member

Believe what you want,whatever makes you happy.
    I rest my case.

10. BuckVincent

You never said anything different. So you cant really stop, unless you write something back, or you admit that you are wrong. lol.

11. fluer

fluer Well-Known Member

Regardless of the specs of the Blue Ray Disk, " oh it doesn't run faster" It is in fact truely the best next gen disk. It has the most backing and is at this point the strongest disk after DVD.

PS3 is far better than the Xbox 360
    Final Fantasy / MGS
    Tilt controller
    Blue Ray player
    Much more powerful that 360.

Once the PS3 comes out in England, trading in my 360.
    The games are boring.

12. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

meh..fanboys .. what can you do with em - Lock em up in a room and light em on fire - lolz

Until you own all 3 you cant say jack

Updates are inevitable - They will come regularly - You point a fault , company will fix it

No1 can tell the future until it comes ... atm yes ps3 ----ing up and 360 is on top - How can you tell that by the end of the year its all switched around? exactly you cant

Everone just bithces around faults - Talking about consoles is useless - Ends up being a console war

What you guys are posting is spam - Has nothing to do with the thread starter...instead someone posted 'OMG SOMETHING SOMETHING WILL PWN THE SHIZ out of you' haha

I understand you guys are counterattacking each other on statements however it is regarded as a different comment - Relate to the starting topic

All i saw was 'Format War' & 'Console war'

DarkStar

13. SM Infinity

SM Infinity Senior Member

Omg, half of you probably havent even played a PS3. I own one and I can safely say that I like it better than any other console out there. First of all, it just launched and you all are saying how it sucks, well answer this: Was the 360 perfect when it launched? No, it had tons of bugs and malfunctions. PS3 has probably every feature of the 360 and even more as time progresses. Why do you all hate the PS3 SO much? It's really stupid, if you havent played one, you probably dont know what you are talking about. Oh and I played COD3 on X360 and I have it for PS3, graphics pwn 360 my friends. Same with any other game, I just picked that one as my main example.

14. BuckVincent

really? because ive played both COD3 for both.

this is a very interesting read.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/i...eatures;title;3

althought right now the PS3, is lacking and only really has one good game for it. I think its gonna be a good console race next year.

Im done, now becuase I dont wanna get suspended lol.

15. xlink

I'm just going off of the entire PS3 hype being around it's "better" graphics.

At this time, this isn't the case.

and I'm just picky about aliasing and anisotropic filtering - I NEED THEM