Killing People For Our Freedom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Konekokaze, Nov 12, 2006.

1. DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat Well-Known Member

how can you forget the war your country fought for its freedom?

2. MFKR

MFKR Well-Known Member

Im sorry I cant remember every war (1812?)

3. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

Yeah my friend's friends died because they swallowed oil and just got poisoned while they were stealing this crude oil.... <_< This isn't a war for oil, that's more BS than Reagan not giving terrorists missiles and weapons.

SomeThingCreepy, I saw that video a real long time ago. Good video, by the way.

4. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Oh, a goddamn conspiracy now? He *knew* (as did Clinton and Bush Sr.) that bin-Laden was a threat, goes fishing, and it's *his* fault that the US was attacked? Really now? Good stuff, man.

As for freedom: I've been just as free as I've been in my life over here. The only *change* in that freedom that I've experienced in Bush's presidency is the fact that I don't have to buy a ten round magazine for a rifle that was previously considered an "assault weapon" that made me "more likely to kill people with it."

He can act to protect America against something he sees as a threat. See a guy named Abraham Lincoln for a precedent. Oh, wait, wasn't he one of the "greatest presidents"? Try FDR for another. Oh, wait, both of those were in war time. Oops, we're at war now. There's different laws in wartime than there are when we're at peace.

Oops, there was an act passed by a large group of people called Congress that allows that. Want to bitch? Phone up your local congressman/woman.

And if Congress makes it legal, by this same Constitution, it's legal. Try that one on for size, child.

Gas is more expensive after this so-called "war for oil." Am I missing something here?

Bull----. I saw so much "he's not capable, he's Bush's puppet, etc. etc." over Alito's nomination from the Democrat side of Congress that it got to the point that I only read information telling me as to whether he was confirmed or not. Try again next time.

As for the "war for oil," "war for no reason," "war because Bush wanted to go to war to avenge daddy" crowd, I'd like you to tell that to someone that fights for your right to say that stuff. Really, ask them if they believe they're dying for one of the aforementioned reasons. Oh, wait. They're obviously brainwashed by Bush's authoritarian, fascist, war-mongering, greedy administration.

There's a reason it's called "s p e c u l a t i o n."

spec·u·la·tion /ˌspɛkyəˈleɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spek-yuh-ley-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. the contemplation or consideration of some subject: to engage in speculation on humanity's ultimate destiny.
    2. a single instance or process of consideration.
    3. a conclusion or opinion reached by such contemplation: These speculations are impossible to verify.
    4. conjectural consideration of a matter; conjecture or surmise: a report based on speculation rather than facts.
    5. engagement in business transactions involving considerable risk but offering the chance of large gains, esp. trading in commodities, stocks, etc., in the hope of profit from changes in the market price.
    6. a speculative commercial venture or undertaking.

5. Sapphire Blade

Sapphire Blade Well-Known Member

old saying "climb your way to the top upon the backs of the dead,"
    is the killing neccessary? yes and no, The whole middle east thing had a reason to be started, but not to be continued this long. It comes down to politics, money and power most of the time...why there are still troops in Iraq and how they can call it a "war" is beyond me...anyway to answer the question about aren't we already free...sure, we are as free as the government allows.

6. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

This is abit offtopic, but oh well. I'm loving this, ferret is totally picking apart all of your arguments. Lol. I love ferret. :)

7. insanecritic

insanecritic Well-Known Member

If ignorance is bliss, you must be on Cloud 9.

"They can move to another country"
    Right. Obviously, dictators won't guard their borders against attempts to leave (or enter) the country. Besides, if they caught you, they'd probably just laugh about it and send you home. [/sarcasm]

If you're caught trying to leave the country without permission, you get shot. shortfuse, you can sit there at your computer and NEVER HAVE TO WORRY about a dictator finding your family and executing all your loved ones.

What a brilliant idea! Sneaking out! I'm sure it's never been tried before, Saddam would have never thought to protect against it!

I find it highly ironic that you're telling someone else to "use logics yeah?" when YOU are so clearly using no logic whatsoever.

Fantastic, I'm glad you've come to that conclusion. Now, let's pretend just for a minute that you were President. How would you deal with evidence of WMDs in possession of Saddam Hussein, a dictator with a known history of genocide.

From your argument, you would apparently sit around and let the terrorists do whatever they wanted, because if you didn't kill them they clearly wouldn't kill you.

"Bush was just delusional"

That's funny, last time I checked, the President didn't conduct military intelligence operations himself.

"He's an idiot"

I see how doing nothing and getting blown to hell by terrorists is a much better alternative.

War is an ego boost for presidents and leaders? Please tell me, how has Bush gained from this war? Has he gained the support of Americans? Absolutely not, as evidenced by this topic. Has he gained the support of other countries? I think the answer to that is obvious, but since obvious is often not picked up on the internet, the answer is "no".

How would this be an ego boost? "Look how strong I am, now everyone hates me"?

Our freedom would have never been infringed upon? That's fascinating, where do you get that idea? Do you believe that if we hadn't done anything, the rest of the world would have ignored us? Just let us go along and be our own little self-contained happy nation?

Terrorist attacks aren't a product of us "meddling" in other countries' affairs. Terrorist attacks by Al-Qaeda are a product of a religious "crusade" of sorts. The holy book of Islam, the Koran, has these following verses in it:
    The bolded text was added by me, to give context. Everything else is word for word.

The Muslim religion is plainly calling for the believers to wage war on all non Muslims until they are killed or convert.

Clearly, not all Muslims believe the Jews and Christians are to be killed, as I personally know many Muslims who are very kind, thoughtful people.

However, do you think that the radical Muslim terrorists would just let us be?

Seems unlikely doesn't it.

8. SpadeZ`

SpadeZ` Well-Known Member

Okay I live in Canada but am a US Citizen. Anyways, I think the war in IRAQ is not a thing to even say that we should be doing. Think about this: They fight back they do not force them to shoot at them. If we leave them alone they do have the power to reform and come back stronger.

"It's not giving you freedom; you've already got that. It's defending it." - ferret.

Think about that for a minute. If they are not there fighting you might as well lose your freedom.

"yeah i think about it dumb----..TOO ----ING BAD why would we go get into ---- thats not our problem? they can either move to another country or stay

ignorance is bliss. yeah? i agree" (not posting who said it)

The fact is we want everyone to be free. Lets say for example your parents, or som1 you love went into IRAQ or a country by accident or purpose and they couldn't leave... Would you care? I'm sure you would. Now this may not have been the case but many people were being mistreated, the UN was formed because it was supposed to keep peace. There was not any peace in IRAQ so as being part of UN it was an agreement to help. The US chose to go. Now if you didn't vote for Bush others did, they agreed at one time with him. So then you have to deal with it. There is no way Bush will pull out until the job is done.

In the end I don't like Bush either, but he was elected we must live with that. The war is IMO necessary. You must defend your own freedom. Unless you don't care about your personal rights and freedom then there is no reason to disagree.

As for respecting the Marine... you should not matter if you disagree. They are serving you. They are protecting you. Without them you would or may not have your freedom. Think about this.

9. ShneakySquirrel

ShneakySquirrel Well-Known Member

I'm sensing a little pattern here... anyone else notice it?

The pattern is... people who use proper grammar, while arguing on the internet, just happen to be the people with intelligent and well researched information. Guess who their opponents are? They are idiots, hoo tipe liek this OMG!!!/1/1/1oneoneexclamationpoint!

Anyone else see another pattern? It just so happens, that the same people with the intelligent arguments, are FOR Bush, and are FOR the war in Iraq, and I'll bet all my credits that 95% of them, are Republicans.
    And again, the same people who type like complete morons happen to hate Bush, and are against the war in Iraq, and I'll bet all my credits that 90% of them are Democrats/ Raging Liberals.

10. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

Let me have 95% of your credits then because if I were to ever vote, it will be for the Democratic party. ;) The War in Iraq is possibly one of the only things I support from the Bush administration.

I really do hate some of these people for saying it isn't a war. It does burn me up having to hear someone say that when I've personally have heard about 2 soldiers dying. In all honesty, if this was an attempt to gain crude oil, soldiers would not have died. People in Iraq would not have to be shot at all. You guys seem to fail to realize that this is not the Cold War, this is a blood-stained war. It's an ACTUAL war. A war I want to be over, but at the moment we're having a country who cannot hold themselves together without collapsing into the horrors of anarchy.

You guys bash the Bush administration for the wrong reasons. The War in Iraq is NOT the problem. It's a full-blooded war that even Bush questions and even he wants it to be finished. I pray that this war ends as soon as possible. I do not want to hear about my friends having people who died because of it. I do not want to hear idiots saying it isn't a war, when soldiers are dying.

If you want to bash Bush, there's plenty of other fantastic reasons you should bash him.

- You can bash him on having horrible media responses and dodging questions.

- You can bash him for not even thinking of abortion reform instead of abolishing it and getting people who have been raped or have a pregnancy deficiency to not be allowed to get one.

- You can bash him for believing that a man and a woman who hate each other have more of a right to get married than a woman and a woman or a man and man who love each other.

- You can bash him for having a slow response to Katrina.

There are so many more logical reasons to bash President Bush. People take this too far, to the point where it seems like every little thing that has to do with him is already idiotic. He isn't THAT bad of a President, like Clinton wasn't that GOOD of a President.

People lean too much to the left, or lean to much to the right. It's pointless. And people need to shut about hating or loving Bush. He's not that great as you think he is, he's not as bad as you think he is.

11. .:Apostle:.

.:Apostle:. Well-Known Member

As logical and educated you are trying to sound or be, you are quite the opposite from that.
    Here you are spewing your hatred and bigotry towards the Islamic religion and trying to curb it by saying at the end:
    "I personally know many Muslims who are very kind, thoughtful people."
    Which is "probably" a complete lie, since i don't think any Muslim, would accept being said to him/her that his or her religion is a religion of terrorists like you are implying.
    And Iam not going to discuss the Iraq war with you, because discussions with bigots are beyond pointless.

12. insanecritic

I fail to see how I'm showing hatred OR bigotry against the Muslim religion =\

How else should I interpret those verses from the Koran?

And in retrospect, I overused sarcasm and ended up sounding like the very same sort of person I hate <_<

Still, by no means do I have hatred or bigotry towards the Muslim religion.

13. .:Apostle:.

Well if we are talking about holy books interpretations, you shouldn't try to interpret them yourself.
    Ask someone like a priest or cleric or find a source that is reliable in interpretations of the Bible, Koran or what ever.
    because ALL 3 books (christian, muslim, jewish) contain verses or text that mention violence, killing and that sort of thing.
    Its like trying to prove a scientific theory, without being a scientist. you know what iam saying?

14. insanecritic

Fair enough. I didn't interpret it myself, but I did only find two sources before posting. =\

I'll go ahead and verify what I'm posting before I do next time. I'm curious now though, and want to see if I can find those verses elsewhere.

15. .:Apostle:.

I'm sure the verses you post exist in the Koran some where, as i have read it(not all, but some parts).
    It all comes down to the interpretations, and holy books as much as they are "supposedly" tells you what to do in life, they are history books, i know that that is a fact in the Koran, as it has alot of verses about wars with the romans, pagans and some other things like that.